Job description / Role
Major Activities Performed:
• Support Director to establish/implement department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
• Develop departmental business plans in line with Division/Business Unit/CLIENT objectives
• Ensure department overall process aligned with CLIENT plans
• Budgeting and Control
• Assist Director to establish/implement business plan, priorities and working objectives of the department
• Participate/contribute to Dept staffing and budget planning as instructed by Director of Engineering.
• Monitor costs and resources in day to day activities as approved by the Director of Engineering.
• Support Director in establishing and monitoring department's staffing and budgeting projections.
• Ensure all administrative contracts related to department are according to CLIENT procedures & contract
• Represent department in executive management meetings as necessary
• Establish, implement, monitor & enforce departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
• Actively participate in relevant coordination meetings and provide direction in daily operations
• Manage preparation of studies, technical specifications and engineering designs for Client
• Review scope of work for engineering projects and technical specifications and manage proposal analysis.
• Review soil investigation reports and advises appropriate building sites.
• Oversee issuance of building permits and licenses for utilization of utilities.
• Set guidelines for design of roads, pavements, lighting, storm drainage and city beautification projects.
• Review and recommend approval of engineering drawings and documents.
• Administer and control technical studies and engineering contracts.
• Manage the process of providing associated services to investors/tenants in line with their requests.
• Manage/oversee process of technical design and specification preparation, the issuance and detailing of engineering drawings, diagrams, charts and statistics.
• Responsible for development of detailed Monthly Report prepared by Project Management Department.
• Western Expatriate on Bachelor status ONLY
• Bachelor Degree from Western University in Relevant field (Engineering discipline) prefer Civil
• Master's degree in relevant field (Engineering/Project Management) will be an added advantage
• Expertise in large-scale/industrial city projects, Infrastructure, Commercial, Residential, Municipal etc
• 20 years of related work experience
• 5 years in managerial position of engineering design and implementation of engineering projects
• Significant experience as Engineering Manager in Middle East with leading Design/PM Consultancy
• Relevant PE or PMP certification is preferred
• Knowledge of International design codes is required
• Conversant with technical reports, specifications, drawings and proposals.
• Familiarity with cost control and cost management methods.
• Experience in designing technical projects, preparing project scope and technical details then assessing and analyzing proposals from vendors for implementation
• Cost management skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, Microsoft Package, and other relevant software AutoCAD, MATLAB etc
• Time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced knowledge in English - Spoken and Written.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Rider Levett Bucknall
SAS Global Consultants
SAS Global Consultants
Operations Manager (Design/Project Management Consultancy)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Sep|