Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for an Engineering Manager - Education Facilities to join a major project in NEOM, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead, mentor, and manage a team of engineers, technicians, and technical staff.
* Set clear performance expectations, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations.
* Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting professional growth and development opportunities for team members.
* Coordinate workload distribution, resource allocation, and project assignments within the team.
* Oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of engineering projects within educational facilities, including planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
* Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, ensuring alignment with educational institution goals and requirements.
* Develop project schedules, allocate resources, and monitor progress to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Identify and mitigate project risks, resolve issues, and make data-driven decisions to optimize project outcomes.
* Provide technical expertise in the design, analysis, and optimization of engineering systems within educational facilities, such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
* Review and approve design plans, specifications, and calculations to ensure compliance with safety regulations, building codes, and industry standards.
* Collaborate with architects, educational planners, and other stakeholders to develop functional and sustainable facility designs.
* Ensure that facility designs meet safety, accessibility, energy efficiency, and environmental sustainability requirements.
* Ensure compliance with safety regulations, building codes, and applicable standards throughout all stages of educational facility projects.
* Develop and enforce safety protocols, procedures, and risk management plans specific to educational facilities.
* Conduct safety audits and inspections to identify potential hazards and implement corrective measures.
* Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging technologies related to safety and compliance in educational facilities.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including educational institution administrators, project managers, regulatory authorities, and contractors, to understand requirements, address concerns, and ensure successful project outcomes.
* Communicate project progress, technical issues, and recommendations effectively to stakeholders at various levels.
* Foster strong relationships with educational institutions, contractors, and regulatory authorities, ensuring compliance with project specifications and regulations.
* Establish and enforce quality control processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high-quality engineering systems and facilities.
* Conduct regular inspections and quality audits to verify compliance with design specifications, safety requirements, and industry standards.
* Monitor the performance of contractors and subcontractors to ensure adherence to quality standards.
* Implement corrective actions and continuous improvement initiatives to enhance project quality and user satisfaction.
* Develop and manage project budgets, including cost estimation, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting.
* Optimize resource allocation, including personnel, equipment, and materials, to maximize project efficiency.
* Monitor project expenses, control costs, and identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality or functionality of educational facilities.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or related field).
* 20+ years of post-qualification experience
* Chartership / Professional Engineer Membership
* Extensive experience in engineering project management, particularly within the education sector.
* Strong knowledge of engineering systems and facilities within educational institutions, including HVAC
What's in it for you?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.