Job description / Role
Title: Engineering Manager - Offshore
Operations and Activities
1. Responsible for directing and monitoring progress for the timely engineering definition of components to be designed, purchased, and installed.
2. Responsible for providing accurate planning information to project management and project controls to establish a baseline project plan for execution.
3. Responsible to engineering staff for providing necessary information to allow design development.
4. Responsible to project management for accurate reporting of progress and analysis/suggestions defining needs to achieve project established goals.
5. Responsible for ensuring that adequate design reviews are performed to ensure that the content of the engineering deliverables meet or exceed defined requirements.
6. Responsible to demonstrate and teach good management principles and behavior to the engineering staff.
7. Responsible to ensure that ideas that improve the project cost/risk position are fairly considered and, where appropriate, successfully implemented.
8. Responsible to communicate the project principles and key objectives to the engineering staff.
9. Responsible for the organization of the engineering staff to effectively execute quality and timely design packages to meet the planned construction program.
10. Responsible to provide engineering interface requirements as necessary to meet the project's organizational goals.
11. Responsible to assign/direct/monitor project engineering functions to meet overall project goals.
12. Responsible to ensure that qualified engineering personnel are assigned to all necessary engineering functions on the project.
13. Responsible to review engineering personnel performance in meeting assigned project work.
14. Responsible to provide engineering personnel necessary information and, where applicable, training to perform the work defined.
15. Responsible to provide feedback to Discipline Department Managers on the performance of engineering personnel on the project.
16. Responsible to instigate timely release of engineering staff as work content is completed.
Schedule and Budget
17. Responsible to communicate to engineering personnel on the project the budgetary constraints for each area of responsibility.
18. Responsible to review actual vs. planned progress and productivity of the engineering group as a whole and, where necessary, for the component groups.
19. Responsible to provide project management projections as to overruns or underruns based upon component productivity and work scope variations.
20. Responsible to review/approve technical recommendations for procurement of project materials related to critical areas of the project.
1. Total of 20 years' Experience and 10-15 years Offshore experience
2. BS in engineering is required
3. Master's degree in engineering or MBA is a plus
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.