Job description / Role
An international construction-consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion is looking for an Engineering Manager - Rail to join their team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Perform a senior function across areas of design, verification, project reporting, people management, stakeholder liaison and OH&S. Specifically, your role will cover but will not be limited to:
* Ensuring the timely completion and issue of designs through efficient management of available design resources.
* Ensuring that suitable safety standards are achieved in the design of the various systems and equipment.
* Contributing to the development of a Program Management Plan and other supporting procedures.
* Delivery of multidiscipline rail design and assurance projects.
* Proven experience of delivering Engineering Management roles on complex rail projects
* Knowledge of H&S legislation, CDM requirements, Safe by Design principles and Railway safety to an appropriate level for this stage of work.
* Identification and documentation of design scope, requirements, processes and outputs.
* Planning and forecasting for design activities.
* Management of Requirements and Assurance processes.
* Allocation of design, coordination, integration, interface and assurance responsibilities, in line with competence management processes.
* Coordination of design requirements, processes and outputs, including work by Client, Contractor, and stakeholder requirements.
* Have significant Experience of Design and Engineering Delivery within a rail environment.
* Implement improvement measures and share good practice as applicable.
* On a day-to-day basis, be aware of delivery commitments made by each of the disciplines in the office, the issues which could adversely impact delivery, and take appropriate action to address delivery issues as necessary.
* Ensure that the Rail Director and Project Manager is kept informed on the delivery progress.
* Maximize the appropriate allocation of engineering resources to optimize backlog utilization.
* Technical Knowledge to be able to challenge project teams on outputs/deliverables and also where necessary, client to ensure focus is maintained on the defined scope or where scope needs to be modified, renegotiate and agree.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree (BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng) or equivalent degree from a recognized university and a min of 20+ years rail systems design/engineering experience.
* Ideally, a Chartered Engineer is preferred.
* Rail system safety knowledge.
* Experience in multidiscipline design/design management.
* Knowledge of Rail and able to lead and guide others in the implementation of Rail standards.
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.