Engineering Manager (Roads & Utilities) - NEOM/INF
Sharma, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Engineering Manager (Roads & Utilities) - NEOM/INF
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company provides executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea. NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
• Manages engineering activities on NEOM Regional Infrastructure projects primarily in Utilities and Roads.
• Provide guidance, training coaching and support in the enablement of government entities to develop, improve and put into use, process, procedure and tools developed in order to deliver efficient and effective projects.
• Has technical responsibility for planning, interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating the engineering assignments and activities on the project/program.
• Establishes/manages with NEOM Client the specific scopes of Regional Infrastructure engineering budget, maintains ownership, and ensures execution within approved budgets.
• Establishes the scope of Engineering Execution Plan that ensures: the project/program is executed in accordance with Engineering Department Procedures; Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete; Safety Practices are implemented; and statutory and company specific design reviews are undertaken and are in accordance with quality assurance (QA) procedures.
• Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering projects.
• Participates in project planning prior to proposals to provide technical guidance in the engineering and construction review of proposals.
• Inputs to, owns and reviews project schedules and approves staffing estimates for engineering personnel for new proposals and jobs as assigned.
• Keeps informed on the status of all projects involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budget, work quality and client satisfaction, and contributes leadership, experience and expertise in the solution of difficult problems.
• Reviews major changes or deviations in project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
• Monitors the use of available engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques on the projects assigned.
• Formulates and recommends for approval, engineering plans and programs for assigned projects.
• Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project or program.
Living and working on the NEOM Project is a single status assignment condition located in Sharma, KSA with camp accommodation (meals and laundry services provided). Rotational leave is 2 weeks off after 8 weeks worked with provided allowances for airfare.
• Extensive experience and understanding of project management with a focus on managing engineering. Significant prior knowledge of construction standard industry practices.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering from accredited university or equivalent with minimum 20 years of experience.
• Understanding of work environment in Middle East.
• Technical knowledge of engineering systems, calculations, applications of engineering methods and materials and applications of computers 2-D and 3-D computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided engineering (CAE) to problems.
• Proven leadership capability.
• Broad knowledge of administrative practices.
Essential Behavioral Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
• Willingness to relocate to the job site in Saudi Arabia.
• Proactive, supportive, inquisitive, challenging and result driven.
• Hard working and motivated with high self-initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities and work with ambiguity.
• Help others and receive help from others in achieving goals.
• Acknowledge and value contribution from other team members.
• Ability to mentor junior team members
• Promote the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
About the Company
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.