Job description / Role
We are looking for a Saudi National as an English Editor to join our client's Riyadh Office. As an English Editor you will have knowledge in comprehensive corporate and media-related communications, act as a final check-point for communication materials including news releases, media invites and feature stories before disseminating to the media.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Assist various client teams in writing news releases, media invites, Q&As, speeches, features, bios and other communication material such as corporate/business presentations in PPT or other such software
* Review, edit and rewrite all written material (to include digital and social written material) as required by team members
* Support teams by providing error-free media-worthy material
* Suggest, tip and guide client-handling teams on matters related to media requests
* Efficiently manage deadline-oriented work flow of releases, invites and requests from various team members on a daily basis
* A Bachelor's/Master's degree in English Literature/Journalism/Communications
* A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Public Relations or Journalism, or equivalent work experience
* Excellent grammar, editing, writing and re-writing skills
* A wordsmith who is proficient enough to provide error-free releases
* Ability to recognise the key message of clients and offer effective ways to forcefully convey those messages
* Capable of rapidly handling industry-specific research to add value to the releases and other communication material for the teams
* Awareness of local, regional and global current-affairs
* Quick with computers especially skilled in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Must be Saudi National due to the Government's Program on Saudization.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.