Job description / Role
Roles and Responsibilities:
* To supervise and support groups of students in an independent learning environment and to deliver study programmes. This will include providing information, advice and demonstrations.
* Support students as they undertake their independent learning. Advise and guide students in the use of training materials to achieve the required outcome for their independent learning.
* Assist students to make best use of the centre resources, including technology, equipment and learning materials and handle user enquiries effectively and refer where appropriate.
* Liaise with course teams to implement student assessment schedules and contribute to the assessment of learners and students by observation.
* Apply a practical, applied approach teach lessons that are in line with course and program goals to meet the needs and aspirations of the students and the community
* Develop and utilize various educational technology resources to ensure that effective and innovative instruction methodologies are employed
* Apply strategies to ensure effective student learning is achieved within a second language environment, providing continuous feedback on student progress through a variety of assessment tools, including tests, projects, assignments and other evaluation instruments
* Take a student-centered approach, providing students with individual assistance, and dealing promptly with student issues by liaising directly with the student, course leader and other college personnel as required
* Support students participating in real work placement, providing them with personalized support, training and tracking on a frequent and regular basis.
* Support and mentor students during internships and work placements
* Undertake ILT professional development, in order support the move to the greater use of technology to support learning.
* Establish, manage, and contribute to social media environments for each group with which they work.
* Prepare e-Learning resources to enable students to undertake self-study both at College and at home.
* Support student academic and pastoral needs through the effective use of the College eILP
* Maintain regular office hours in order to advise and assist students
* Monitor student progress continuously both on a college and system-wide basis
* Ensure that teaching facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained in good working order
* Provide input to program and course reviews and makes recommendations based on consultations with students, colleagues and external agencies such as business, industry and schools
* Develop and maintain skills in the assessment of writing and speaking according to the college grading system
* Keep abreast of developments in the field by engaging in professional development activities
* Contribute to the development of the College by monitoring programs and identifying areas for improvement; by observing and implementing College and system-wide policies and procedures; and by participating in extra-curricular activities and community events
* Travel to other colleges to attend meetings, workshops and conferences as required
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
Qualifications and Experience
* In support of Saudization, the colleges may exercise flexibility with the experience or education requirement in order to recruit Saudi National candidates who show potential for success in the role.
* Bachelor's Degree in English Language, Literature, TESOL, Applied Linguistics or education with an English teaching major or equivalent extensive experience in teaching English language to adults
* Qualified teacher status (QTS/QTLS) or TEFL qualification at CELTA
* Master's Degree in TEFL/TESL preferred
* A minimum of 3 years Teaching Experience
In return you will receive:
* 16,000 Sar per month
* Compound Accommodation
* 30 days Annual leave
* Health Insurance
* End of Year Bonus
* All Mobilization Costs covered
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results