Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking to appoint an?Environmental & Sustainability Engineer for our project in AMAALA (Tabuk),?who is esponsible for managing and coordinating the project team be one of the primary representatives of the Consultant to the Client as related to project matters.
A typical week would include:
Key objectives of the role:
• Obtain the specific approval of the Client before carrying out any duties for the following;
• Issue of any instruction which materially affects the character, quality kind or scope of work, the construction program, or a variation to increase the quantity of any work included in the Contract and would cause the Contract Price to exceed the accepted Contract Price or any contract amount subsequently agreed upon by the Client and the Contractor in the Contract.
• Undertake monitoring, supervision, and management of the environmental aspects of the works in accordance with the Client's environmental policies, procedures, and frameworks.
• Responsible for facilitating review and acceptance of the Contractors Construction Environment and Social Management Plan (CESMP) with the Client and his assessors prior to submission to the authorities.
• Prior to the Client / Assessor review, I will conduct own review of the CESMP to ensure it has been prepared in alignment with the Triple Bay Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and supporting frameworks and guidance notes.
Monitor and supervise the day to day construction activities on-site to ensure correct implementation of the CESMP, this shall generally consist of:
• Monitoring compliance with the environmental requirements set in the CESMP and Environmental Specifications.
• Reviewing the environmental reports that are submitted by the Contractors.
• Reviewing environmental monitoring data submissions.
• Collating data and submitting monthly reports.
• Advising the RE on the interpretation, implementation, and enforcement of the CEMP.
• Recommending rectification of non-compliances with the CEMP and Environmental Specifications before significant impacts occur.
• Take on responsibility for health and safety (as appropriate and with regard to environmental aspects).
• Reporting any significant environmental incidents to relevant regulatory authorities as may be required.
• Reviewing the environmental components of the Contractors' Work Method Statements.
• Inspecting and reporting on the effectiveness of the method statements' management and mitigation requirements.
• Maintaining environmental performance records.
• Liaising with an archaeologist or heritage resources practitioner in the case of the unearthing of artefacts and/or graves.
• Ensuring environmental awareness training is undertaken by relevant Site personnel.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience
• The Environmental / Sustainability Engineer must be degree qualified and have a minimum of 10 years' experience working in KSA / Middle East on similar marine works projects, particularly those in a sensitive marine environment.
• Environmental / Sustainability Engineer must be must have detailed knowledge and experience of local authority environmental procedures and approvals.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs?
What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy -
We strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.