Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are looking for a Environmental Inspector to support a major ongoing project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide technical inputs within Environmental (and Social) Impact Assessments, CEMPS, EMS, and other environmental related documentation.?
* Coordinate with subconsultants where necessary and undertake baseline surveys for inputs into EIAs and monitoring
* Ensure that all environmental and sustainability permitting requirements are achieved during design and construction phases
* Have a good understanding of environmental management plans and systems and how they are implemented on a practiced level
* Assess environmental performance
* Coordinate with necessary internal and external stakeholders
* Local and national conformance with KSA Environmental policies
* Reviewing and checking all existing documentation
* Overseeing the environmental surveys
* Reviewing design proposals for viability and functionality
* Particularly regarding existing contamination and propose locations of assets
* Coordinating with the broader team on schedule and timing of surveys and design work
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 05 years of relevant experience
* The expert should ideally have previous experience working in KSA / Middle East on similar large-scale, complex projects
* Must have detailed knowledge and experience of local authority environmental procedures and approvals.
What's in it for you?
What if we can? What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.