Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for an Environmental Manager to join our ongoing projects in NEOM, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Assess environmental performance at the project-specific levels
* Assist in the enforcement of the company's and project's environmental policies and systems
* Review environmental reports/submissions in design and construction, including, but not limited to, Environmental Permit Applications (EPAs), Ground Investigations (GIs) for geotechnical and geo-environmental scope of works, Terms of Reference and Scope of Works (ToR & SoW), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Framework Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs), Work Orders, Tender Documents, etc.
* Contribute to program-wide environmental processes, procedures, guidance notes, plans, policies, forms, etc. as needed.
* Contribute to environment reporting requirements.
* Attend environmental and sustainability and other relevant/associated meetings/workshops, as necessary.
* Perform environmental audits and inspections in design and construction phases and provide assessments/results (including non-compliance reports).
* Provide environmental technical support to the construction teams.
* Coordinate with all necessary internal and external stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects as appropriate within the environmental scope
* Support administrative functions within the environmental and sustainability team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc in a relevant Environmental discipline
* Minimum 10 years of experience in environmental roles on PMC projects, preferably in KSA
* Comfortable liaising directly with contractors and undertaking site work
* Speciality in an environmental field would be beneficial
* Experience of working in consultancy or as environmental specialist on large infrastructure projects
* Good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines
* Good understanding of Middle East environmental legislation and practices
* Experience of working in Saudi Arabia would be advantageous
* Stakeholder and public engagement experience
* Strong written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the project team
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.