Job description / Role
• Provides the needed advice and guidance to Air Quality Section and other Sections (Marine, Water, Hazardous Waste) if needed, through field visits, on-site inspections, sample collection and testing.
• Receives administrative and technical direction in terms of broad project objectives from Environmental Control Director and Monitoring Section Manager.
Major Activities Performed:
• Review industry environmental compliance with RC requirements and determine if any extent of deviation from the RC regulations and standards.
• Provides all necessary advice and guidance to air quality, marine, water, hazardous waste sections to meet the RC goals and objects.
• Review and evaluate the environmental permit application packages and technical reports submitted by existing and new industries.
• Provides support to determine fines and penalty values on the basis of industry violations and non-adherence.
• Performs periodic inspections on the facilities and areas to ensure environmental compliance.
• Evaluates the self-monitoring reports and other technical reports submitted by industries and coordinates with other sections regarding violations.
• Review and evaluates the environmental impact assessment studies submitted by existing and new industries.
• Participates in periodic revision of RC Environmental regulations and standards and implement the same in line with Kingdom’s laws, international regulations and standards and best practices.
• Evaluates the impact of pollution on air, water, soil and marine and terrestrial ecology and other environmental sensitive areas.
• Sets and monitors the Royal Commission’s (RC) environmental regulations and standards in line with the government’s environmental standards and best practices.
• Administers environmental control laboratories and undertakes studies to determine the impact of industrial operations on the environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Related Science) with 15 years of relevant experience in the field of environmental safety and control.
Key technical skills in the following:
• Time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Office tools and / or any relevant software.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Should be able to communicate effectively in English Language.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.