Job description / Role
* Role: Environmental Science and Monitoring Executive Director
* Location: Saudi Arabia
* Salary package: US $17,000 - $22,000 per month + package
* The Environmental Science & Monitoring Executive Director plays a key role in the leadership of the Department of Environment and Sustainability.
* You will provide strategic vision and leadership for the Environmental Science and Monitoring Division, initially comprised of two teams with 12 interdisciplinary scientific staff conducting environmental assessment, long-term ecosystem monitoring, applied research, and operational habitat enhancement.
* The area for which you will be responsible has a covering 15,842 km2 (10,469 km2 terrestrial and 5,373 km2 marine), including greater than 250 km of coastline, 91 nearly pristine islands, lagoons with diverse and thriving coral reef, mangrove, and seagrass habitats, coastal plains, inland desert and dune habitats, a mountain ranges with a dormant volcano, and the associated marine and terrestrial wildlife and biodiversity.
* You will assist in establishing a new global standard for environmental sustainability, and conserve and enhance key habitats and associated biological diversity.
* Leadership of this group requires a high degree of interdisciplinary (ecological, biological, physical, chemical, geological) expertise and experience with cutting-edge environmental monitoring, habitat enhancement, and applied research.
Qualification and Experience
* Minimum of 15 years' experience in science-based resource management, conservation, enhancement, with a strong background with marine ecosystems.
* PhD in marine ecology, biology, oceanography, or a related subject.
* Scientific diver certification and at least 200 scientific dives.
* Experience restoring and building coral reef, mangrove, seagrass, or terrestrial habitats, and knowledge of the current state of the art of habitat enhancement technologies.
* Significant experience monitoring the effectiveness of habitat restoration programs, and in assessing the suitability of potential habitat restoration and enhancement activities.
* Experience leading large-scale environmental monitoring programs, using cutting-edge technologies.
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.
Lead Environmental Engineer
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Senior Environmental Scientist - Saudi National
Project Manager - Infrastructure
Big Fish Recruitment