Job description / Role
Who we're looking for:
- EPR polymerization or TPO(Thermo Plastic Olefin compound) Plant experience is required
- To lead a team of shift operators to achieve safe, stable and efficient operations of a section during a shift with the view of meeting production targets during shift operations
- Thorough specific knowledge of plant equipment unit operation and troubleshooting
- Thorough specific knowledge of plant layout and operating process (polymer plant preferable)
- Thorough specific knowledge and mechanism of DCS(console) and field operation including start-up/shut-down and emergency shut-down
- Good command of the English language (Verbal and Written)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve safe and stable operations in the shift by supervising and coordinating plant personnel in startup or shutdown (including emergency) and other major operational changes, ensuring that operators follow all standard operation procedures in the execution of scheduled tasks during shift operation and coordinating plant operations with other connected plant.
- Coordinate with Maintenance personnel to ensure maintenance activities are conducted with the least disruption to production.
- Enhance shift operators operational skills and knowledge by regular coaching to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure minimum disruption to stable operation by detecting plant and equipment problems and implementing counter measures after trouble shooting.
- Ensure shift operation tasks meet safety , compliance and environmental requirements and report any such concerns to Deputy Section Manager or operation superintendent .
- Verify operating logs to ensure records are accurate.
- Monitor and ensure plant equipment integrity and reliability
- Train and development team members
- High School or Diploma in relevant field
- 15 +years' worth of experience where min. 10 years within a plant operator (both field and console) role in the refinery or petrochemical field (polymer or rubber plant preferable)
- Team building and supervisory skills
- Ability to handle process plant safety and related safety management
- Ability to understand thorough operation procedure and steps to be done
- Strong Coordination and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skill in English
- Planning skills
- Developing others
About the Company
Rabigh Refining & Petrochemical Co. - Petro Rabigh - was founded as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical in 2005. The plant is valued at US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives.
Our products are used in such end products as plastics, detergents, lubricants, resins, coolants, anti-freeze, paint, carpets, rope, clothing, shampoo, auto interiors, epoxy glue, insulation, film, fibers, household appliances, packaging, candles, pipes and many other applications.
Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $8.4 billion - 25% funded by the public and the remainder equally funded by Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. Petro Rabigh II is scheduled to be in full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and will produce a wide range of new products.