Job description / Role
Is one of the top 5 international engineering consultancy.
The Estimating Section Manager will be part of the core team and be responsible for the following;
• Responsible for managing the cost estimating/department function.
• Manages and typically directly supervises estimators and is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of cost estimates.
• Ensures that project or product is accurately costed.
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and cost estimations in the field and the home office.
• Knowledge in supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present cost estimating products.
• This includes cost estimating products independently with minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical cost estimating skills and engineering design and construction practices.
• Skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes desirable.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in estimating including having been an estimating manager for large-scale projects or at the home office.
• Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor in engineering from an accredited university
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)