Job description / Role
Please note candidates with transferable iqamas will be considered.
Position: Reporting to:
Estimation Manager (Arabic speaker) CEO
As the Chief Estimator you will be responsible for preparing and coordinating complete estimates across their core business units that include civil, mechanical and electrical.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors where necessary
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Search, analyze and communicate to the team options for the most effective means and methods of construction
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- To arrange internal kick-off meetings.
- To ensure internal contract review meetings.
- To be responsible for all technical and commercial amendments, discussions and negotiations arising from the submission of a tender throughout the process right up to the order placement.
- To maintain the integrity and professional image of Company
- To coordinate with suppliers and assist in the improvement and development of company's tendering systems, procedures and databases.
- To ensure working as both an individual and within a team to prepare and submit tenders to strict deadlines.
- To comply by the quality and health & safety policies
- Any other task assigned by the Management.
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering 12-15 years in comparable role
- Certification / Diploma (Preferred)
- PMP, Tendering Management
Skills / Competency Level Required:
Skill / Competency:
- HRIS / IT
- MS Office
- Training Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Employee Relations
- Familiarity with Labor Laws
- Proficiency in Written and spoken skills in English
- Proficiency in Arabic language (essential)
- Decision making
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Salary Package
- AED 20,000 per month + Family Flights & Medical
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
|Saudi Arabia||15 Oct|
Estimating Section Manager
Project Controls Manager
Opus Recruit Middle East