Job description / Role
Is one of the top 4 international engineering consultancy in the world is looking for an estimator to work in Riyadh.
Responsibilities of this position, which may vary slightly, include the following:
- Capable of quickly learning the Company estimating systems and processes.
- Understands estimating terminology and measures and recognizes estimating processes/project actions that may impact the project.
- Perform Environmental Remediation estimations in Sage Estimating Software and Microsoft Excel.
- Capable of managing the preparation of an estimate and supporting proposal team during development of remediation technical approaches.
- Leads Project Team estimate reviews.
- Collaborates with project teams and management in development of strategies and plans.
- Participates in analyzing and using estimations to predict key project issues.
- Assists in the evaluation of business opportunities and potential profitability.
- Understanding and application of financial analysis and calculation of profitability metrics.
- Understands construction means, methods, and sequences-multiple disciplines.
- Supervises junior staff through task development, establishing and maintaining goals and expectations, and documenting performance related issues and achievements.
- Identifies and develops talent.
- Actively participates in all staffing issues affecting their area of responsibility.
- Assists in tracking action items..
- Work directly with subcontractors to resolve technical matters during proposals, negotiation, and contract execution.
- Prepares crew build-ups and production rate determinations.
- Determines construction equipment selection.
- Possesses a working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Understands company cost structure (overheads, G&A, insurances).
- Develops Work Breakdown Structures.
- Evaluates suitability of scope and execution plan for basis of estimate.
- Initiates the preparation of an Estimate Plan (approach, techniques, level of effort, cost, schedule), Basis of Estimate and qualifications.
- Prepares bid tabulations responding to the customer/Request for Proposal requirements.
- Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation.
- Develops current project estimate comparisons with previous performance and market benchmark data.
- Helps prepare information for Executive Review Committee presentations.
- Degree in Civil engineering or related field.
- At least 13 years of experience.
- Arab National only.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, especially Excel, and Sage Estimating Software.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jan|
Senior Cost Control Engineer - Infrastructure
SAS Global Consultants
Proposal / Bid Manager - Engineering Consultancy
Cost Estimation Manager
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jan|
Construction Estimator - Large Industrial Project