Job description / Role
Responsible for estimating the costs of a planned project in terms of the labour, equipment and materials required. They typically state at what price and to what timescale it could complete it.
An estimator’s typical responsibilities include:
• Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
• Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
• Analysing data that can affect costs (such as currency exchange rates and the company’s productivity rates)
• Assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
• Visiting project sites to gather information
• Staying aware of the latest construction technologies
• Keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements
• Inputting into decisions over whether to bid for the project
• Working closely with key members of the project team (such as the bid manager) and liaising with clients and suppliers
• Keeping detailed records and writing reports.
• Prepare quotations.
• Must have background in Aluminum, Glass or wood products.
• Prefer those who have worked in manufacturing companies.
• Prefer those who have worked in GCC countries.
About the Company
SAUDI GERMAN ALUMINUM PRODUCTS CO.,LTD (SGAPCO) was first conceived in 1977 and was formed in 1981 with foreign participation , with emphasis on transfer of know-how. SGAPCO was created to meet their high standard for aluminum products demanded by national and international contractors, with optimum solutions for their problems. Construction of the plant was completed in 1981. Today, SGAPCO is one of the leading manufacturers of high quality aluminium products such as curtain walls, partitions, thermo-insulated doors, windows, facades, structural glazing, automatic doors, rolling shutters, grilles and venetian blinds.
SGAPCO developed its own architectural aluminium profile system including hardware and accessories and a wide range of aluminium products based on the latest advances in this field.
SGAPCO managerial style is imaginative, innovative and flexible and keeps pace with the rapidly advancing technology of today.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies