Job description / Role
• Implement future state data eco-system for our overall company transformational data strategy.
• Collaborate with internal team to strategize and build long-term roadmaps for data management business needs.
• Design and implement data models for enterprise-level applications and systems (conceptual, logical, business area, and application).
• Interpreting large datasets, developing forecasting models, and performing data management tasks.
• Strategy & Planning
• Implement, and enforce correct data collection policies and methods to assure the availability and accuracy.
• Create effective integration design solutions to compliments operational processes.
• Monitor the data warehouse systems for performance and integrity; provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
• Developing, testing, and Documenting of all data warehouse, ETL design, development, and scheduling.
• Maintain and develop existing data warehouse integrations processes to move data efficiently between various systems.
• Build and automate new ETL processes to pull from many disparate data sources to data warehouse design.
• DWH governance Admin.
• Develop and perform unit, system, performance, and regression testing on ETL mappings.
• Implement common ETL concepts that include data lineage, historical analysis with snapshotting, slowly changing dimensions, aggregates, and full/incremental data load strategies.
• Create best practices for data loading and extraction.
• Support production ETL jobs within the Integrated Data Warehouse and Data Analytics and Insights applications.
• Resolve complex data design or transformation issues and provide solutions that meet business requirements.
• Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
• BSC in Computer Science, Engineering Degree, or very relevant field
• Experience, Skills & Competencies
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in building enterprise data warehouses
• Extensively worked on ETL tools like ODI, informatica.
• Ability to write complex SQL queries
• Deep Experience of SQL, PL/SQL technologies preferably on Oracle database
• 2-4 years of API integration experience
• Experience in Python, and Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse technologies
• Exposure to Oracle Golden Gate, SSIS, MS SQL is a plus
• Good knowledge in manage data and metadata migration.
• Has in-depth knowledge of DW architectural principles
About the Company
Panda was founded in 1978 as one of the most important organizations in the retail sector in Saudi Arabia. In 1994, Panda merged with Azizia Company then in late 1998 Azizia Panda United was acquired by Savola Group, one of the largest diversified conglomerates in MENA region, Azizia Panda United became the retail sector of Savola and started its journey to become the leading food retailer in the region. In 2008,
This acquisition has aided Panda in its growth and expansion by having the largest market share in the Saudi retail sector.
The first new format of Hypermarket was opened in Riyadh city in 2004. In 2006, Panda moved forward with its regional expansion by opening its first store in Dubai. In 2008, more numbers of stores were operating under the name of Panda when Savola Group acquired “Giant” supermarkets in Saudi Arabia and merged them with Panda. One year later in 2009, Panda has landed another great success by acquiring all Geant stores in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2014 the company name was changed from Azizia Panda United to the Panda Retail Company. And another big step in the expansion plan was achieved when Panda opened it hypermarket in Egypt in the year of 2015. These big steps have raised Panda share in the retail sector from 7% to more than 8%. Today Panda is the largest food retailer in the Middle East owns more than 400 branch of panda Super, Panda Hyper and Pandati in Saudi Arabia & Egypt making it the largest retail company that offering its services to more than 400 million visitors annually.