Job description / Role
Job Title: Event Manager – Fashion & Beauty Events
Reports To: Managing Director and Lifestyle Portfolio Manager
Project: The launch and development of a series of fashion and beauty events under the title of a high profile global fashion media brand. The events are to be launched in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and rolled out across EMEA.
Extreme Events curates and produces large scale events and festivals across extreme and adventure sports, motorsports, music, lifestyle and entertainment sectors. We also represent the IP and commercial rights of 3rd party events and brands in the Middle East.
Extreme have formed a partnership with global fashion and beauty media brand WWD to extablish a series of fashion and beaty events throughout the Middle East.
The Middle East is home to the most progressive fashion market globally. The fashion market in KSA is going through some dynamic shifts, as the Kingdom continues to invest heavily in building a thriving cultural scene to attract locals and visitors alike. As such, the events are a hybrid format, targeting the fashion and beauty trade and the rapidly growing consumer market.
Extreme Events are seeking an experienced Event Manager with experience working within the frashion industry to work closely with the senior executive team to manage all aspects of launching, organizing and producing the annual series of fashion and beauty events which are to be initially launched in Jeddah and Riyadh.
THE ROLE – PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
This is a fast-paced and busy environment that requires working to tight deadlines. It requires extensive contact with internal colleagues, stakeholders, international partners, agencies and sponsors.
As the Event Manager you will
• Mmanage and support your event team comprising of commercial sales, marketing and promotion, editorial content, event operations and production and finance.
• Oversee the appointment of freelancers, agencies and contractors
• Create close working relationships with the wider Extreme team, partner agencies who are integral to the project, as well as other stakeholders
• Maintain a structured working environment
• Manage the commercial sales team to deliver budgeted revenues across sponsorship, exhibitor stands, F&B and other commercial revenue streams
• Manage the marketing and promotional team to deliver budgted consumer ticket and trade delegate sales revenues
• Work with our partner agency and brand custodians to deliver the structrured programme of editorial content
• Work with the major fashion brands and their respective agencies
Operations and Production:
• Manage the team responsible for operational planning and delivery of the events including all elements of production
• Manage the event budget with all departments, working with the finance team on weekly P&L and cash flow forecasting.
• Weekly progress and financial reporting to the MD and Board
• Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the MD, senior management team, core event team
• Outside the organization, the position coordinates with multiple stakeholders including the brand guardians, fashion brands and houses, event venues, multiple supplier agencies, and freelancers /support staff.
• Salary dependent on experience
• Un capped commission scheme
• Start Date - immediate
• No phone inquiries please
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Either gained in a B2B or B2C organisation the successful candidate must have strong team leadership and management experience, strong budget management, and international experience, gained within the event industry.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced creative fashion and beauty environment
• Proven track record of delivering event projects on time and commercially on budget
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluent Arabic speaker (preferable)
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
• Strong time management and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills with the ability to monitor and act quickly to the needs of the project, suggesting and making changes if required
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently
• Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and international travel
What might a career at EXTREME Events mean?
Quite simply the opportunity to work on some of the best events in the world! You will be pushed hard and expected to grasp responsibility as soon as it comes your way, and you will learn faster than you ever thought possible. You will work with some fabulous people, including your colleagues and if you are up for it there is a good chance that you will have the chance to work overseas either for brief or extended periods. And if you have a great event idea you might have the opportunity to develop and launch it with us. Essentially there are no barriers. If you’re good and you want it, you can have it.
EXTREME is a globally recognised purpose driven brand, whose vision is to drive positive change through extreme, adventure, lifestyle and motor sports
OUR WORK ETHICS
1. Up for each other
We support our colleagues in our teams and in the company, helping them to be the best they can be. This is done through hands on help, practical support and understanding.
We bring our real selves to work, acknowledging our skills and weaknesses and all that goes to making us real people, because that way we can put true passion into what we do. And in our dealings with others, we are honest and respectful, treating them as we would want to be treated ourselves.
We do things which are funny, just because they’re funny! Everyone has a better time; we do, our clients and suppliers do, and our visitors do.
It’s more important to get forgiveness than permission! Acting quickly is often the difference between success and failure; therefore, we must ‘just flipping do it’.
We work with passion and with a relentlessness which is admired, because we want to get better and we want to win.
About the Company
EXTREME is a unique brand, community and purpose driven company that lives at the nexus of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle. Our Vision is to drive positive change through extreme and adventure sports. This is realised through our integrated approach that that encompasses strategy, design, development, and management of some of the world's most innovative destinations, spectacular events, entertaining media, and engaging brand campaigns.
As founders of The Extreme Sports Channel, operating for over 25 years and appealing to the 500 million participants worldwide EXTREME is the go-to company for authentic activation across action and adventure sports. We engage with our 20 million strong community through our collection of offers and we serve our clients through our passionate, creative, and specialist teams and a multinational presence across bases in the UK, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Via our support of over 125 ambassadors, the activation and sponsorship of over 80 events annually and our media network delivering over 50 million video views monthly, our brand and marketing activity inspires, supports, and promotes all of EXTREME’s activities.
We are purpose driven, so across everything we do we look to drive sport participation, an active and healthy lifestyle, job creation, infrastructure investment and tourism, whilst aligning with five key United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and government agendas from around the world. With a real passion and commitment to be sustainable, we are signed up to Planet Mark to measure our impact, 1% For The Planet to give back and the UN’s Sports for Climate Action to drive awareness.