Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
Our Executive Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation of all employee and business units' accounts in adherence to accounting policies, procedures and international standards.
- Ensure Group regulatory compliance department's policies, processes and standard operating procedures are carried out appropriately by accounting and commercial departments
- Advise the business in structuring transactions through tax technical analysis and providing solutions that are compliant with tax regulations
- Performing VAT health checks, VAT compliance procedures, issues identification and resolution, and monthly/quarterly VAT return filing
- Support with upcoming VAT implementation projects
- Under the supervision of the tax manager, ensure that regulatory compliance department objectives are met
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Perform procedures to ensure core accounting processes of AP, AR, treasury etc. are compliant with VAT / tax / other policies and guidelines set by the Group
- Review transactions and documents to ensure compliance with VAT / tax / other regulations and escalate incorrect treatments
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Represent the Group in communications with tax authorities when required during tax inspections and / or audits
- VAT and tax return preparation and filing, have good accounting knowledge to support with VAT reconciliations with accounting records
- Demonstrate good organisational and project management skills
- Work on projects assigned by tax manager to improve compliance scorecard of the Group companies
What you'll need to succeed
- You are a Bachelor's Degree holder in Accounting.
- You have a minimum of 1 year of experience as an Accountant.
- You have professional experience in TAX, VAT and Zakaat.
- You have excellent communication skills.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.