Job description / Role
Amazon is seeking an energetic, bright, and motivated individual with a history of high performance to support multiple leaders in our Riyadh Office.
A successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle confidential information, as well as demonstrate the ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities. Must have the ability to communicate well and to manage multiple assignments and people simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships, maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization and become the “go-to” person for support activities.
This position requires high levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, bias for action, detailed planning, time management and organizational skills are required.
Key responsibilities include:
· Work closely with the leadership team to provide seamless support to the group.
· Management of complex calendars, scheduling, meeting prioritization and large scale meeting coordination.
· Scheduling cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international as well domestic travel process.
· Organizing, executing, and assisting with team activities and logistics (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, quarterly on-sites/off-sites, and team social events).
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding action items.
· Completing expense reports, maintaining schedules, plan and coordinate events, ordering supplies/ goodies for the team.
· Represent our team and partner effectively with external stakeholders such as space planning, travel and other executive assistants in the org.
· 4+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
· Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
· Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
· Bachelor’s degree
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.