Job description / Role
Saudi National Candidates will be considered for this Position
As a key member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Accounting Officer will report to the Principals and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CAO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling the finance, accounting and cash related activities of the company.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
• Act as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations.
• Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Make suggestions for automating processes and increasing efficiency.
• Determine accounting and tax implications for all material business decisions.
• Create and establish yearly financial initiatives and goals that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion. Track and report on the status of the initiatives and goals.
• Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the executive leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
• Manage financial planning and analysis activities. Supervise the creation of reports and implementation of tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and present monthly budget vs actual reports for properties and ownership entities.
• Prepare and present weekly cash flow reports for each ownership entity.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Develop and maintain operational budgets for each ownership entity.
Accounting and Reporting
• Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting and operating systems.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
• Oversee the preparation and timely distribution of investor K-1s.
• Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
• Assure conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
• Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
• Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals and initiatives with directors and managers.
Financial and Cash Management
• Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability and the maintenance of minimum required cash balances.
• Oversee weekly cash management, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
• Maintain corporate banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
• Lead the evaluation of insurance premiums, deductibles and the impact on budgets and forecasts. Advise the Legal/Risk and HR teams on impacts.
• Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Information Systems Management
• Oversee the management, maintenance, and upgrades of the company’s accounting and operating system software.
• Partner with the Chief Operating Officer to identify and implement operating system enhancements.
Finance, Accounting, and I/S Team Management
• Mentor and develop the team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
• Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the company.
• Financial Management.
• Financial Controller background
• Business Acumen.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Performance Management.
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Technical Capacity.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA – Or equivalent Required
• 15+ years total accounting experience
• Previous experience managing accounting functions and groups
• Understanding of tax regulations and compliance
• Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
• Hands-On Systems Experience with SAP suite of products essential
• Experience of working within a “Shared-Services” environment preferred
About the Company
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is "to be remembered for exceeding expectations" which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as 'respect', 'integrity' and 'professionalism' are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operational Accounting Manager
Senior Financial Controller
Head of Accounts
Irwin & Dow
Assistant Finance Manager
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|