Job description / Role
Executive Director will be responsible to lead the Office of Codes & Standards. The Executive Director will plan, organize, direct, manage and supervise all activities of the office such as establishment of regulations, codes and standards that aim for the highest standards in terms of construction types, efficiency, sustainability, materials and methods.
Saudi Vision 2030 government entity looking to disrupt the existing model for codes, standards, accreditation and set a new benchmark.
* Develop regulatory rules, guidelines and technical standards of materials, products and services for
* Regulate to the most integrated and therefore highest standards for construction life cycle impact
* Establish accepted practices and minimum technical requirements to regulate an industry
* Address concerns related to consumer health and safety
* Constantly evaluate the impact of regulation, codes and standards with regard to construction efficiency, cost competitiveness etc.
* Develop a state-of-the art monitoring and compliance system that is lean, efficient and fair.
* Oversee building codes periodic reviews to address emerging needs
* Assess and give recognition to competent products, services and relevant companies
* Participate in global initiatives for developing conformity assessment standards (e.g., ISO standards development)
* Collaborate with international standards and accreditation bodies to address global health and safety challenges (e.g., standards for minimizing emission)
* Continually evaluate key operational processes to facilitate accreditation-related work flow, improve productivity and maintain high standards of quality control
* Monitor accreditation trends and develop or implement solutions, as appropriate
* Lead the development and creation of key required councils/committees/Agencies related to Accreditation, standards and codes authority
Competitive tax free salary, family benefits and opportunity to have a global industry impact.
* The candidate must be a Chartered/PE from an engineering discipline and must have strong technical knowledge of internationals ACOP/Institutions and KSA Codes.
* Advanced degree in construction, engineering or in a related field,
* 25+ years of experience in the public sector with a focus on codes and standards (building or engineering related) or in a private institution, including experience of periodic evaluation of code enforcement agencies for accreditation.
* 15+ years of senior leadership experience in public sector organizations (e.g., Minister, Deputy Minister) or private organizations (e.g., as CEO, COO) is preferred
* Demonstrates career history in major governmental companies providing strategic and tactical guidance, analysis and advocacy related to model regulations, including codes, standards and rating systems.
* Knowledgeable in methods and techniques of construction
* Solid understanding and appreciation of how technological advances can impact the construction/building processes and materials
* Experience in principles and practices of budget preparation and administration
* Effective communication skills (oral and written)
* Knowledgeable in engineering principles and up to date with latest technological advancements
* Possession of applicable licenses and certifications
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Project Director (Hospital)
|Saudi Arabia||15 Jun|
Project Management Director
Ignite Search & Selection