Job description / Role
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Director Planning to join our team working on a unique Mega Project.
• Oversee Project Control, Document Control, Cost Control, Contract Administration, Risk Management, ensuring effective coordination across these functions for all design and construction phases.
• Oversee the development of Planning & Control policies, procedures, and tools.
• Ensure support of Investments and Property Development with the development of high-level project delivery schedules and budgets, for input into Business Plans.
• Liaise with Project Procurement for timely delivery of tendering and procurement services.
• Ensure management and control of consultants/ contractors/PMC's with regular monitoring of design and construction budget, schedule and change orders and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Oversee and lead project planning activities, including initial schedule development, schedule maintenance and implementation monitoring.
• Review major budget and schedule deviations from plan (e.g. variation orders), assess impact on projects and define action plans to close the gaps in accordance with project team, in coordination with Program & Project Management and Investments (for infrastructure) or Property Development (for superstructure and heritage).
• Oversee the identification of project-related risks and their management, including the definition of mitigating initiatives, in coordination with Program & Project Management and Investments (for infrastructure) or Property Development (for superstructure and heritage).
• Ensure regular development of status reports and circulation to management, and immediate escalation in the case of major misalignment with approved design and construction budget, schedule, or quality.
• Develop the department’s annual business plan and KPI's and review its performance, in coordination with Strategy & Performance Management, and develop the department’s budget in coordination with Finance.
• 15+ years of project management experience including on-site experience
• Bachelor in civil engineering, or architecture
• MBA or technical post-graduate degree is preferred
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong conflict resolution/ management skills
• Full understanding of the construction process
About the Company
Command MENA has been successfully partnering with clients and candidates since 2005. We have worked on human resources & talent acquisition assignments for clients throughout the Asia Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
During this period of time we have successfully sourced highly skilled and multilingual talents both locally and from around the globe.
As a company we take a consultative approach to meeting your human resources & talent management requirements. Taking the time to understand your needs, we think laterally to isolate candidates\' critical skills. We have proven understanding of the dynamics of various markets and we bring a fresh perspective to your challenges in sourcing creative staff.
Our team of consultants specialise in a variety of sectors and take real pride in their work. We work in a number of specialist sectors; succesfully delivering human resources campaigns to Fortune 1000 & major international companies through to smaller boutique & specialist companies.