Job description / Role
To lead and govern the PMO function, ensuring compliance with the Project's strategy, timeline, budget and consistency of processes across projects and assure and drive reporting and tracking for the successful delivery of related projects across the Project.
1. Supervision of Subordinates and PMO operations
* Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
* Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the PMO department by providing expertise, encouraging and ensuring teamwork and aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets and objectives and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment.
2. Budgets and Plans
* Contribute to the preparation of the budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
3. Project Management
* Direct effective alignment of project plans to ensure consistency with agreed standards, specifications and timeline provisions.
* Ensure provision of current status reports on all projects and deliverables so that status updates are provided in a timely manner.
* Consolidate reports - templates to track schedules, costing and scope provided by PMO for each of the projects in the Project, ensuring all deliverables and outcomes are in line with agreed upon objectives.
* Ensure that project managers at various departments are trained on the project management toolset.
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and on budget with high standards and measuring risk and issues.
* Direct, coordinate and implement, execute, control and complete of specific projects, ensuring consistency with the Project's strategy.
* Schedule and monitor the activities of assigned project team members, including any assigned third party consultants.
4. Project Management Office Programs and Guidelines
* Recommend and draft project management guidelines for enhancing project processes as per agreed upon strategic objectives, timelines and budgetary requirements.
* Develop, implement and monitor the usage of project management templates, forms and related presentations across all functions in the Project.
* Develop policies, procedures and standards for continual improvement in delivering projects and services.
5. Resource Management
* Ensure there are sufficient numbers of project managers and other resources available for running and managing projects to satisfy delivery requirements to the business.
* Provide guidance to project managers and team members during the life cycle of the project to ensure complete compliance with adopted technologies, standards and best practices
6. Continuous Improvement
* Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice', improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
7. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
* Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering a specific area of activity so that all activities are conducted in compliance with risk, audit, and regulatory requirements while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
8. Related Assignments
* Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administrations or Engineering.
* PMP or equivalent certification.
Skills & Competencies:
* Knowledge of Project Management (Principles, policies, procedures and internal processes)
* Knowledge of Portfolio and relationship management.
* 10-15years' relevant experience including at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
* Excellent knowledge of program management methodologies and tools.
* Experience in managing projects that are high in complexity, size and scope.
About the Company
Command MENA has been successfully partnering with clients and candidates since 2005. We have worked on human resources & talent acquisition assignments for clients throughout the Asia Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
During this period of time we have successfully sourced highly skilled and multilingual talents both locally and from around the globe.
As a company we take a consultative approach to meeting your human resources & talent management requirements. Taking the time to understand your needs, we think laterally to isolate candidates\' critical skills. We have proven understanding of the dynamics of various markets and we bring a fresh perspective to your challenges in sourcing creative staff.
Our team of consultants specialise in a variety of sectors and take real pride in their work. We work in a number of specialist sectors; succesfully delivering human resources campaigns to Fortune 1000 & major international companies through to smaller boutique & specialist companies.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Director of Projects / Head of Construction
Chief Operating Officer
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jul|
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)