Job description / Role
An Amazing and Competitive Opportunity at One of the top Luxury Brands Sofitel in the Holy City Al Madina in KSA
With the following requirement
- To oversee the Housekeeping operations, including the Laundry and the Internal Communication Center, ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To ensure that all the rooms are prepared and inspected as per standards and according to guest requests and needs, including the Turn Down service.
- To ensure that the flower decorations in the rooms and public areas are always maintained as per the required standards.
- To ensure the up keeping of all the front of the house, including the hotel entrance.
- To ensure the up keeping of all the designated back of the house areas.
- To check regularly the night shift for cleaning.
- To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the Housekeeping and Laundry operations and to approve requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure that the inventories of linen, uniforms and other applicable items are done and recorded as scheduled.
- To deal with different suppliers and contractors.
- To overlook the Pest Control service and jointly with the Stewarding Manager and Chief Engineer to establish the Pest Control schedules.
- To implement housekeeping related HACCP procedures.
- To be involved in sustainable development and to apply energy and waste management.
- To monitor cost control and to suggest saving programs.
- To ensure all linen and uniform management and handling procedures are respected.
- To implement Focus and other financial procedures.
- To supervise and control Lost and Found, maintain records and mail packages to clients.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel. To personally inspect VIP rooms.
- To make regular room and public area inspections with the Engineering Department on deviation from standard set-ups and maintenance. To follow up on the Out of Order and Out of service rooms.
- To liaise with the Front Office on the scheduling of rooms for maintenance programs.
- To ensure a close co-ordination with the Front Office, Engineering, Food and Beverage as well as the Guest Relation regarding usual and unusual guest requests.
- To daily review the Night Audit reports related to the Housekeeping.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any dysfunction.
- To ensure a proper coverage and supervision of the Housekeeping sections at all times.
- To set performance targets for all associates and constantly monitor and increase staff productivity.
- To ensure and perform a proper use of all the equipment and property management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To ensure the strict control of room keys and section keys.
- To implement and follow up daily check lists.
- To prepare forecasts and statistics.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of the outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To ensure that all team members are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To conduct a daily line up briefing with the Housekeeping and Laundry supervisors to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To share daily activity highlights with the General manager, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To assist the General manager in fulfilling administrative responsibilities and monitoring activities. To replace him whenever needed.
- To ensure the Accor loyalty programs are promoted and to build strong and long-term relationships with the guests.
- To be an ambassador of the Housekeeping and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To ensure that all guests enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To act as a representative of the Management when dealing with guest complaints or if a member of the Housekeeping team is facing difficulties that she/ he cannot solve on her/ his own.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To ensure that Guest History records are accurately followed-up.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To interview potential candidates and to assist in new employees integration in liaison with the HR Department.
- To create an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the staff.
- To conduct staff evaluations and surveys. To develop staff motivation and performance through action plans. To be involved in staff retention and satisfaction.
- To ensure trainings and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development. Ensure you encourage them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues and all other departments.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag at all times. To ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To ensure that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are controlled and expenditure approved.
- To ensure that you and all the employees read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company / hotel policies and procedures.
- To undertake duties of the Duty Manager as dictated by the Hotel's Duty Managers Roster.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jul|