Executive Legal Counsel
Job description / Role
• Actively participate in preparing, suggesting, revising regulations, policies, and procedures related to the Company's work.
• Review relevant legal and commercial documents of the Company and suggest amendments as needed to ensure protection of the interest of the Company and compliance with new/amended Saudi Arabian Regulations, if applicable.
• Provide legal input of any relevant document relating to the Company's work required to be legally phrased.
• Conduct research, analyze and advise the CFO on various legal questions and recommended courses of action.
• Provide advice, as and when required, regarding legal ramifications between the Company and external organizations.
• Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Company.
• Evaluate the legal risks to which the Company is exposed in order to permit these risks to be brought forward to the attention of Management and reflected in the Company's strategic and tactical plans.
• Ensure that the implications of all contracts are detailed out as per the legal and commercial rules and regulations,
• Assume responsibility of legal documents and requirements pertaining to SATORP and arrange representation of the Company in litigation and all legal acts and proceedings.
• Review and provide legal consultation regarding the preparation of the Company contracts and agreements. Ensure that the Company's contracts and agreements are carefully reviewed and examined to ensure conformity with the Company's rules, policies and laws; and propose necessary amendments in order to safeguard the Company's rights.
• Arbitrate in disputes involving the Company activities, interests, rights and obligations towards third-parties.
• Develop/keep up-to-date knowledge of legal advisory best practices in any field related to the Company.
• Liaise with external entities, when required, to ensure that the Company's activities are consistent with applicable regulations, legal policy and procedures.
• Act as guardian and controller of all major legal documents of the Company.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the CFO
Main Competencies and Qualities:
• Strong knowledge of Saudi Arabian law and regulations.
• Strong knowledge of English law.
• Strong arbitration and mediation skills.
• Strong analytical ability, o Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to deliver effective presentations to all levels of Management.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
• Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent.
• Ten (10) years of experience in Legal Advisory in a commercial environment, of which at least Five (5) years in a similar position.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.