Job description / Role
"A passion for perfection"
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Makkah description :
Swissôtel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissôtel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Scope of Position:
The primary function of the Executive Sous chef is to manage all phases of receiving, storing, preparing, producing, service, and sanitation as dictated by hotel restaurant kitchens, banquet kitchen and main kitchen, to ensure a high quality product. The Executive Sous Chef is also expected to maintain quality, product consistency, food and labor cost controls, and employee relations. This is to be achieved through the delegation of work to all kitchen colleagues.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fairmont Standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag while working.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Supervise kitchen colleagues, including training and scheduling
- Ensure that all food is prepared in the proper manner at the appropriate time, per company specifications
- Prepare weekly food sales forecast
- Schedule kitchen employees according to business needs and forecasts.
- Assess food and labor costs to meet or exceed departmental objectives.
- Enforce cleanliness standards throughout kitchen
- Inspect all kitchen areas.
- Assist all chefs when needed.
- Take an active role in all menu change considerations
- Consult with other chefs on special menus, presentation, and pricing.
- Coach, counsel, and mentor assistant chefs and cooks
- Perform employee reviews
- Conduct periodic sanitation meetings
- Attend all meeting meetings in absence or in lieu of the senior Executive Sous Chef
- Be involved and physically assisting in all kitchen areas according to business demand.
- Other duties as required.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive management experience in same or similar position in a luxury hotel kitchen or a related field.
- Knowledge of Excel, word, and Outlook.
- Culinary Degree
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must be physically fit in order to lift items up to 25 Kilograms.
- Must have great leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Must effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must be able to overlook a multitude of food production areas.
- Needs to have experience in working with multi national work force.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.