Job description / Role
Executive Sous Chef at Sofitel Madina
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you! As an Executive Sous Chef, you will strategically lead the team to take guest satisfaction to the next level in Sofitel Shahd Almadina Hotel where you will lead our team of culinary leaders and colleagues. Your expertise in recipe development elevates our menus while your leadership inspires and fosters our culinary talent.
What is in it for you?
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Culinary Department to ensure guest satisfaction in all Venues and all Banquet functions in the hotel.
- Assist the Executive Chef in recruiting, managing, supporting and training of our Culinary Leaders and Colleagues.
- Responsible for Culinary scheduling and forecasting to achieve budgeted labor cost results.
- Liaise on all events with Food and Beverage Managers (Banquets, Venues, and Stewarding) and Conference Service Managers.
- Guide the Culinary Team to prepare food according to standardized recipes and specifications to maintain consistency and ensure all Sofitel quality standards and food cost standards are met.
- Ensure food waste is kept to a minimum through ensuring proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food.
- Adhere to Food Safety guidelines ensuring that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely.
- Ensuring that the kitchen work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional.
- Promote teamwork and morale within the kitchen and with all other departments.
- Responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Experience and skills include:
- 8-10 Years cooking experience including high end high volume luxury hotel
- at least 2 Years at same position in luxury hotels
- Food Safety Certificate or Recognized International Equivalent
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be an effective supervisor, trainer, administrator and team player with strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must be innovative, detail oriented and quality conscious
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying heavy items
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your team and working environment:
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.