Job description / Role
As a Valuation Senior, you'll make technical contributions to valuation client engagements and internal projects. You'll gain a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients' issues, performing research and analysis of the target's industry and of quoted companies operating in that sector. You'll deal with day-to-day queries raised by clients and will attend internal and external meetings relating to the assignment. Your duties will also include, keeping the manager, senior manager, director and partner abreast of progress and of any significant issues.
You'll perform valuation calculations and analyses, as well as being involved in drafting written file notes, letters, presentations and reports, formulating views on value, presenting conclusions to the rest of the team and contributing to the presentations of our work and findings to the client. Striving to deliver the valuation on time and within budget, you'll maximize assignment profitability where possible. Within your role, you'll obtain regular feedback on a timely basis and be alert to learning and development opportunities. You'll actively establish and develop external and internal relationships, helping to create a positive learning culture within the team. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll also escalate issues as appropriate.
- Participate in valuation engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within Valuation & Business Modeling and across other service lines
- Contribute to performance feedback of colleagues
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Client focus
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong academic record, including a degree
- Proficiency in Arabic language skills are highly desirable
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region