Job description / Role
Our Project Finance and Infrastructure team advises clients on financial, procurement, strategic and public-private partnerships issues for large-scale infrastructure projects and programs. Join this team and you will help provide support to our clients from the earliest stages of analysis project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. You will assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing; project revenues; and/or grants - and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
We're looking for experienced, dynamic Infrastructure Advisory specialists to join our Corporate Finance (TAS) team as part of our continued growth and success in the MENA region. As part of our project finance team, you'll develop your commercial capabilities working with our global networks and fast-moving, emerging clients. Our diverse client portfolio will build your capabilities in pitching, briefing, managing relationships and challenging assumptions. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you'll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
- As part of the Project Finance and Infrastructure team you will be responsible for assisting clients in the development and implementation of strategies to advance large-scale infrastructure and other projects.
- Advise on the structuring and closing of financing for infrastructure projects and/or procurements, including the development, structuring, and negotiation of contract terms.
- You will be required to demonstrate a deep understanding of capital project/program funding, financing and delivery mechanisms at the local, state, and national levels to support analysis of client projects and provide project and program management assistance to clients and project teams on large projects.
- Developing and mentoring junior team members will also be a key part of your role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals with a good Knowledge of p ublic-private partnerships (PPP) , concessions and acquisition and project financing structures will do well in this role.
- Project Financing knowledge, with an understanding of project financial modelling and financing markets, would be highly valued and the understanding of economic or social infrastructure procurement and delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure projects with proven project management skills
- Experience structuring infrastructure financing transactions and/or procurements and the commercial aspects of the associated documentation
- Proven quantitative analytical capabilities; ability to build market-accepted financial models is preferred
- Outstanding critical thinking skills with the ability to solve unstructured problems
- Outstanding communication, writing and organizational skills
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to develop professionally in the infrastructure finance and policy sector
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in a top-tier advisory firm, infrastructure service provider, bank, relevant government agency or other relevant sector significant experience in a top-tier advisory firm, infrastructure service provider, bank, relevant government agency or other relevant sector
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM, ASIA, CPA, CA and CMA, will be considered an advantage.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offer's
- Competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.