Exploration Technical advisor
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Exploration Technical Advisor to join the Strategic Planning and Optimization Team (SPOT) under the Exploration Organization. This is a senior 'hands on' technical position and not a supervisory Exploration Manager role.
The primary task of the SPOT team is to review prospects and undertake independent risk and volumetric assessments for all leads and prospects in the exploration inventory. Other important tasks include: assessing post-drill outcomes and cascading learnings throughout the exploration organization, maintaining up-to-date exploration portfolio analytics in support of Senior Management decision-making and maintaining an active and varied exploration drilling program.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Attend technical presentations for exploration leads and prospects prior to completing an independent probabilistic prospect assessment as part of a small team. The prospect assessment will include: basic mapping using Petrosys software, risking, selection of volumetric input parameters and volumetric modeling using Geox software and compilation of summary technical reports for all opportunities. Attend prospect and well approval meetings, providing technical insight on the above to senior management as required.
- Attend post-drilling appraisal reviews and compile summary technical reports which capture the key learnings and way forward recommendations.
- Through team collaboration, assist in exploration portfolio management and portfolio analytics to guide internal decision-making, rank opportunities and to benchmark SPOT team performance.
- Mentor junior members of the team; proactive engagement with the prospect generators through technical peer assists; knowledge transfer of the team's methodology and results to the exploration organization and senior management.
- As a successful candidate you should hold a Master's degree in Geoscience.
- You must have a minimum of 20 years of full-cycle exploration experience including: prospect generation, probabilistic prospect assessment, evaluation through drilling, post-drilling appraisal and a track record of technical innovation and adding value through exploration.
- You should have core technical skillsets in seismic interpretation, mapping of simple and complex traps, log analysis (or advanced petrophysical evaluation), prediction of reservoir quality in both carbonate and clastic depositional systems and will have broad experience in technical assurance, risking/volumetric assessments and portfolio analysis acquired from working a variety of different basins.
- We particularly welcome applications from senior geoscientists with extensive experience in any of the following themes: evaluation and assessment of carbonate reservoirs, evaluation and assessment of reservoirs with petrophysical challenges (eg low permeability oil and gas reservoirs, high bound water plays, long transition zones), probabilistic assessments in general.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.