Job description / Role
EY has a powerful purpose: to build a better working world. The EY MENA Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team plays a critical role in helping the firm realize this purpose through its work supporting EY's brand, reputation, and business goals.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented senior associate to work across a variety of sectors and service lines within the MENA Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team. As a senior associate you'll provide strong support to the MENA Brand and External Communications Assistant Director. You will help oversee the public relations and media activities as well as develop content on behalf of EY such as press releases, opinion pieces, articles for the website.
The senior associate will also work with EY's global PR and social media network to ensure that external audiences are informed of the EY MENA sectors, service lines, products and programs available by pitching and contributing to regional media opportunities. You will also be up to date with global EY reports and events and offer suggestions on how they can be leveraged for a local audience.
We are looking for a bright and dynamic individual who thrives on the challenge of creating initiatives from scratch, sharing ideas while delivering to a high standard within tight timescales. You can expect to work with senior stakeholders who are highly engaged in what you are doing. You will work within teams of varying sizes with a range of expertise.
Success in this role will be the delivery of comprehensive, world-class communication initiatives that deliver sustainable and measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
- Content writing - capable of a variety of writing styles (online and traditional media) with consideration for tone and audience.
- Liaise with the public relations agency and brief them on campaigns and activities.
- Manage and maintain a weekly external communications activities and events calendar.
- Collate and share coverage reports of press release results for EY stakeholders and internal tracking purposes.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with journalists from the MENA region.
- Proactively develop relationship with other BMC colleagues to help launch local and Global marketing campaigns.
- Learn about various sectors and how to develop relevant content for them based on marketing reports.
- Understand how public relations and social media can complement each other for external campaigns.
- Consider local news and events and how they relate to the company's offerings to create PR opportunities.
- Support EY spokespeople in media engagements and advise on talking points.
- Bring fresh ideas for content campaigns, media pitches, and service line opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent English and Arabic writing skills.
- Good understanding of public relations strategy and platforms to engage both journalists and audiences.
- Ability to synthesize a lot of detailed information into key messages through copy editing skills.
- Experience of campaigns or activities and providing an executive summary.
- Ability to prioritize workload and proactively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to multi-task with good attention to detail even when working under pressure or on several projects simultaneously.
- Be a team player with a flexible can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Be able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision; demonstrate reliability.
- Good knowledge and skills concerning business fundamentals and cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Be confident in advising senior leaders on public relations best practices and status of requests.
- Develop knowledge of the business; actively find and participate in opportunities to learn.
To qualify you must have
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent area of study or experience)
- Must be a KSA national
- 2 to 4 years' experience in content marketing and/or written communications.
- Experience in copy editing.
- Experience working in an agency or fast paced environment.
- Experience working and delivering engaging programs within a people organization.
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior-level stakeholders.
- Experience working with multiple teams and alone.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you : We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region