Job description / Role
Handling tax for clients of a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. Our indirect tax professionals help clients to manage their indirect tax implementation, compliance and dispute resolution obligations, to identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations and provide pragmatic commercial solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY's specialist Indirect Tax team in Doha (Qatar), Kuwait City (Kuwait), Muscat (Oman), Jeddah & Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), and Abu Dhabi (UAE).
As a member of the team, you will not only have the opportunity to enhance your technical knowledge and be creative, but also experience the challenge of being a trusted VAT and business advisor. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Skills and attributes for success
- You should have the ability to analyse an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights as well as identify potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients.
- You must be client driven, strategically and commercially aware as well as an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- You must also be enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work.
- You should also possess project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget.
- You are also expected to have good negotiation skills, ability to sustain opinion and handle challenge, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines as well as effective time management skills.
To qualify referees must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
- 2 to 15 years' experience working from the Big 4 accounting firms, law firms or any relevant industry experience
- International VAT/GST advisory experience, preferably from EU/UK, Oceania or Singapore/Malaysia is essential
- Customs advisory and indirect tax technology understanding is also beneficial
Ideally also have
- ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA (or equivalent tax qualification)
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Arabic bilingual proficiency
What we look for
We're interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We're not just looking for technical knowledge experience - we're after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways. We need individuals that could move into managerial roles in the short term. If you're a confident individual with an ability to operate individually and/or within a team environment and have the ability to solve complex issues, this role may be for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please go ahead and submit your CV and join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.