Job description / Role
Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
POSITION : F&B Assistant Manager
START DATE: January 2021
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
12 MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensuring that HACCP and other local regulations are adhered to ensure the highest food hygiene standards.
• Communicate with your team and inter-department, to ensure that all guest requests are delivered quickly and flawless.
• Setup and flow of all service areas, dining-rooms, pantries
• Fully aware of the Room Service and all menu items.
• Able to answer questions on menu selections, communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions and product availability.
• Fully responsible for ensuring the team knows how to conduct themselves around the guests, answer all questions fluently and professionally
• Trains, empowers and guides the Senior Butlers to create a seamless transition between shift handovers
• Keeps concerned departments informed about the owner food preferences, updating the guest preferences
• Organize the service of food and beverages: arrange table setting, room service and welcome drinks at any time the guests are welcomed in the residence.
• Ensures all staff have an impeccable eye for detail.
• Ensures all areas are cleaned and maintained.
• All dining areas are returned to pristine condition after service, to include returning all decorative ornaments are perfectly aligned where they were mean to be after service
• Follows all the owner needs are completed to total satisfaction, and has a reporting system for recall if needed
• Follows each request through to completion, to total satisfaction, and has a reporting system for recall if needed
• Provide constant availing butler service, performing all owner duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner, respecting timing standards.
• Takes notes of all the information, updates and instruction and giving proper handover before signing off from the shift.
• Responsible for all items and resources available in the Butler service
• Helps monitoring the stock inventory and to follow up on pending issues with the tracking system and store requisition forms.
• Coach, mentor, guide and train staff.
• Manage all human resource matters for department
• Inventory and control of all assets, service ware, equipment, consumables
• Ensure all food and beverage equipment is serviced and maintained
• Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations of the Company and the policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To attend and contribute to all meetings, Departmental and training as scheduled and other related activities.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned out of the list.
• Fully understands the different types of services offered and can train subordinates in: Silver Service, American, Family Service Buffet, Silver Service Buffet, Drinks Service.
• Build and nurture team morale
• Oversee and co-ordinate shifts
• Delegate tasks and duties to effectively and efficiently complete with minimal disturbance to guests
• Ability to take direction, work unsupervised and within a large team
• Ensure all new staff members are on-boarded to the HR standard
• Develop and implement training sessions for team to upskill
• Participate in continuous individual training and upskilling of team
• Actively participate in all training provided by the company
• Performance Management of team
• Follow instructions given by F&B Management or HOD team
• Lead multiple services
• Coordinate BOH operations
• Monthly inventory and stock take assessment
• Purchasing of food and beverage stock ensuring Par levels are met
• Knowledge of menu
• Ensure that all team members are aware of any updates of the menu including missing products
• Ensure the DV system is up to date and all systems are in good working order
• Ensure all service calls are responded to in a timely manner
• Ensure all guests requests are fulfilled immediately; if they cannot be filled, ensure an alternative or time frame is given
• Quality control checking of food, beverage in all areas of the estate
• Documenting of movements, timings, preferences
• Care and Storage of silver, crystal and china
• Organization of different service events e.g. American, Family, Buffet, Silver, Drinks
• Ensure all Health and Hygiene Practices are followed at all times
• Updating of family and guest preferences
• Effectively communicate within the department, culinary team and internal departments
• Open communication with department heads
• Build and maintain rapport with partnering in-house teams
• Ensure all pantry and service areas utilized by F&B adhere to the Health and Safety Guidelines
• Ensure all areas including but not limited to dining, lounging, reception, pool, outdoor, bedroom and office areas of the estate are presentable and up to HR standards at all times
• Respect all cultural aspects of the family and estate
• Ensure you are flexible and can adapt to all situations
• Provide informative handover to next shift, and to management where applicable
• Follow all opening and closing procedures, along with all other procedures implements by HR
• Provide constant availing butler service, performing all owner duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner, respecting timing standards
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• In order to be considered for this role you will possess an internationally recognized management qualification in Hotel or Business Management (Preferred)
• Proficiency in working with MS office – word, excel, outlook.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience at a similar level at a 5 star or full-service hotel.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in F&B Service: high standard Restaurant or Room Service 5-star Hotel.
• It is an advantage if you have experience working in the Middle East.
• You should have experience of working with and managing large teams, have strong leadership skills, be fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Must have advanced knowledge of all types of service to include Formal and informal settings.
• Advanced knowledge in fine dining, exotic ingredients, international cuisine
• Event planning
• Staff Training
• You should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills with focus on talent management and succession planning, creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations, and demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction.
• A knowledge of the finer things is life is paramount to the success of delivering excellence in service, quality and setting the overall ambiance of the property
• Positive attitude and good communication skills, with excellent grooming standards, clean, pleasant.
• Provides a courteous, professional, efficient, flexible and personalized service at all time, with commitment to delivering a high level of service.
• Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations and ability to work on your own managing a team
• A Team player with a positive attitude, immaculate regards to personal appearance and hygiene.
• Experience and focused on client faced service side of role.
• Knowledge and experience with high-end porcelain and silverware, ability to care and look after items to highest standards.
• Able to provide a discreet and smooth service for the principal and his Guest at any time, making each experience an unforgettable one.
• Flexible and able to adapt to the fast and ever changing request of the principal. NO Day is ever the same.
• Discretion is paramount at all times.
• Confident serving VVIP guest to the highest standard at all times.
• Able to provide and participate in staff training for the wider team and confident in taking the lead.
• Knowledge and interest in world -wide cuisine. Confident answering question from guest and service team.
• Experience in the high-end restaurant industry, Michelin star exposure.
• Excellent time keeper and team leader
• Excellent ability to motivate a team
• Non Smoker and no visible Tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.
Restaurant Manager (Future Vacancy)
Restaurant Manager/ Outlet Manager
Restaurant General Manager - Japanese Fine Dining - Western - Male
British Company With An Expanding Office In Dubai
Coffee Shop Supervisor/Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services