Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The Food & Beverage Coordinator is concerned with the coordination of administrative tasks and projects within the Food & Beverage team, offering administrative support while completing projects for the team, in line with prescribed Fairmont Hotels policies and procedures .
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- Have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Flexible and responds quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- Maintain high team focus by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational / environmental procedures in the hotel.
- Actively promote the services and facilities of Fairmont Hotels to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
- Prepare the supervisors' files with daily function sheets and other food and beverage activities held in the hotel for briefings.
- Handle team members' particulars such as inquiries of public holidays, vacation days due to team members and recording of medical records.
- Type monthly team member attendance lists, mark the attendance report, total split shifts, and record transport allowance and claims, getting your manager's signature / endorsement and passing these to Talent & Culture and Accounts for processing.
- Keep personnel record of all team members, recording their addresses, salaries, status, birthdays, identity card numbers and date of commencement.
- Type the productivity form pertaining to the number of team member strength in respective sections, overtime hours and number of extra labour involved.
- Check the weekly duty roster, keeping track of any changes involved with regards to change of shift or personnel on emergency leave such as medical leave or compassionate leave.
- Write work orders for all sections of the Food & Beverage department, following-up with the Engineering department on completion of work orders.
- Arrange Food & Beverage department's office requisitions such as office materials, food requests, market lists, beverage requests, general storeroom requests to ensure sufficient stock.
- Write and follow-up on letters and memorandums.
- Attend F&B meetings, keep attendance and write minutes, distributing minutes to all concerned.
- Handle requests brought up by other departments concerning the Food & Beverage department and handling of cake orders.
- Arrange team members' and managers' discussions on the Employee's Progress report, translating for team members when necessary.
- Check timecards, listing the number of days, lateness, absence without permission, medical leave reports, etc.
- Take charge of the filing system at the F&B office and keep all files in a good system.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Previous service experience an asset.
- Previous Point of Sale System experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.