Job description / Role
• Manages the technical inspection team on KSA projects in his/her region.
• Provides technical support to the HillFM inspection teams.
• Supports contracts management team for all relevant technical specifications and scopes, QA/QC requirements, and operating procedures in FM delivery.
• Ensure CAFM Asset Lists and Planned Maintenance Schedules are up-to-date.
• Ensure CAFM PMS compliance is fully adhered to by service providers.
• Ensure effective levels of communication and coordination on FM projects.
• Conduct weekly meetings with HillFM inspectors and service providers, and follow up on pending tasks.
• Liaise with Customers and Service Providers as required for resolution of site issues, including concerned authorities when required.
• Monitors and supports HillFM inspection teams on planned and reactive maintenance works for compliance against contract requirements and best practice FM delivery.
• Conducts random site audits to prescribed checklists for Hard and Soft services inclusive of Health and Safety, and regulatory compliance.
• Conducts site condition surveys and submit written reports as per client expectations.
• Ensure the effectiveness of the HillFM QA/QC inspection team are as per the agreed Site Inspection Procedures and are to the client’s expectation.
• Execute and monitor QA/QC process for all maintenance works within the contract to ensure facilities and equipment are maintained to the required standards of quality and availability.
• Coordinate monthly performance evaluation with HillFM manager to ascertain the level of contractor’s conformity with the contract scope of work as well as general terms and conditions.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Interact with client’s QA department, customer service, CAFM helpdesk team, and service providers for continuous improvement.
• Participates in reviewing Close-Out Report on any capital works as submitted by Contractors.
• Review service provider invoices and verification of payments and submit to HillFM manager.
• To report any Quality issues that might have a counter effect on time, cost or operational impact on the clients business in a timely manner. Initiate remedial action for contract non-conformities through the issuance of Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and submit to Hill FM manager.
• To respond to Client emergencies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
• Coordinates with the HSE team to ensure health and safety measures are always implemented.
• Informs themselves of the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures in place within Hill International, and ensures continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or a minimum of 10 years of experience as an FM MEP Engineer on FM projects in the Middle east.Technical leadership,
• strong organizational and work coordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and sites simultaneously.
• Requires a broad knowledge of the application of MEP engineering plant and buildings operations and maintenance.
• Should be fully conversant and proficient in FSI GO Concept Evolution CAFM system – to monitor, record and verify operations and maintenance data in order to correlate correctly with service provider’s deliverables as per the defined KPIs in relation to the expectations of the user.
• Previous experience in FM Quality Management Inspection & Audits in Hard and Soft services is preferred.
• Use of programs such as MS Office, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, with the ability to create the respective quality technical reports.
• Candidates with Health and Safety training such as IOSH/NEBOSH are preferred.
• Experience in delivering SLA’s & KPI’s via CAFM system, preferably FSI and exposure to performance management contracts in FM.
• Experience in FM contract scope of work in both Hard and Soft Services.
• Facilities Management experience in the administration of FM contracts is preferable.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Having excellent written and spoken Arabic skills would be an advantage.
• Has a valid driving license.
About the Company
Hill International, with more than 2,900 professionals in 70 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors.
Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States.