Facilities Engineering Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco seeks for Facilities Engineering Specialist to work with the Production and Facilities Production Department under the Petroleum Engineering & Development Admin Area.
The Facilities Engineering Specialist will lead up-stream oil and gas facilities project life cycle (engineering, construction and commissioning) for offshore and on-shore facilities such as offshore wellhead platform (or onshore drill site), pipeline network and hydrocarbon gathering station. Provide input to concerned parties for improvement such as de-bottlenecking, cost-effective alternative, increasing performance and cost reduction. Lead group of engineers in specific tasks and studies such as a new field development, a new water/gas injection network, 20-year field Master Plan and subsea/deep-water development. Participate in the company engineering standard review and the development of young professionals.
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Develop the scope of work for oil and gas upstream facilities design and reviewing engineering design packages
- Conduct oil and gas upstream risk assessment studies
- Participate in many HOZOP studies related to oil and gas upstream facilities
- Apply safety related issues and address environmental impact issues
- Perform pipe hydraulic simulations, choke and flash calculations on PC-based software packages
- Analyze results of the simulations and recommend optimum hydraulic operating conditions
- Able to look at alternatives, perform economic analysis and identify the most cost-effective alternative
- The successful candidate should hold a bachelor degree in engineering from a recognized and approved program. MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required
- Minimum of 15 years experience in a petroleum engineering organization with a minimum of 5 years in project related work
- Familiar with gas plants, gas distribution systems, oil processing facilities, oil and gas gathering systems and have familiarity with downstream processes
- Should have extensive experience in project type work in design, funding, materials acquisition, construction and commissioning. Also, able to identify design specifications and recommend improvements and economies in this area
- Should have a thorough understanding of cost estimating pertaining to projects and able to explain over/under runs in expenditures
- It's desirable to have production engineering experience and downhole well completions knowledge since studies encompassing these issues will be expected
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.