Job description / Role
Amazon family grows in Saudi Arabia.
The Facility Manager role is an integral part of the Amazon operations and will be responsible for all facilities maintenance tasks through direct reports and via third party contractors.
Position is a crucial to enable our Operations team to work on our Customers experience.
The Facilities Manager is the direct superior of the Facilities team. Ensures safety focus by training, developing and coaching the team. Takes care of the high availability of the FC equipment by ensuring that all preventive maintenance is carried out and internal processes and procedures are created / maintained.
• Lead, support and mentor the team based on identified barriers that ensures the team is working safely, with high standards and effectively.
• Ensure team expertise through training.
• Identifying root causes of problems and providing remedies
• Main deputy for the facility manager when he/she is not on site.
• Ensure, in cooperation with the team, compliance with safety regulations and record-keeping of activities performed
• Implement Amazon standards and focus on preventive maintenance to ensure a high level of equipment availability for our internal customers.
• Manage and support the training program for the team.
• Manage local projects and support construction projects assigned by the manager.
• Be prepared to work shifts to stay in touch with your team and your daily work.
Amazon is looking for Facilities Manager to lead the team at our Fulfillment Center in Jeddah..
The Facilities Manager in all daily business activities as well as project initiatives and will lead a team of Facilities and Service Technicians.
• Dedicated to supporting multi-site production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
• Develop and design solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
• Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to achieve departmental and distribution goals.
• Ensuring that all safety programs and procedures are followed, develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations.
• Help to develop, set and track budgets.
• Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
• The Facilities Area Manager promotes and conducts good housekeeping.
• Develop training plans for facilities and service technicians.
• Develop Preventive Maintenance Programs.
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials, with the team
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot photo eye components, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, servo drives and frequency inverters etc. With the team
• Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization.
• Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance.
• Technical background
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a technical manager
• Experience with industrial equipment maintenance, building maintenance and cleaning/waste services
• Knowledge of maintenance systems
• Experience in managing contractors
• Experience in creating and executing budgets
• Strong leadership skills supported by team management records
• Knowledge of Safety rules in technical services
• Strong cooperation skills
• You should have a result-oriented approach with good analytical, team leadership and organizational skills.
• You should be able to work under pressure in a cross functional organization.
• You should be able to work with minimal supervision.
• You should be able to read technical drawings and manuals.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.