Job description / Role
Facilities Supervisor – Janitorial & Waste Management (JWM) will have a significant impact on customer experience. The Facilities Supervisor (JWM) will have the ability to lead Facilities Cleaners, design solutions for challenging problems, able to manage outside contractor related to Waste Management, be on call for emergencies, to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet tough time lines. The Facilities Supervisor will develop plans on how to accomplish facilities goals.
The Facilities Supervisor (JWM) will be responsible for the leadership/development and coaching of the team. Performance Management will be carried out by the Facilities Supervisor. This role also leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active cleaning services within the facilities of Fulfilment Centre (FC) – [Yard, Shop Floor, Offices and Canteen]. The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operational success. If equipment is not available or performs badly it minimizes the capacity and throughput of the site.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· To cooperate with waste recipients and the Health and Safety Department in the area of daily management of hazardous waste disposal processes and site hygiene conditions.
· To monitor the technical condition of waste containers and waste storage areas.
· To coordinate the work of the team in accordance with the changing demand.
· To monitor the amount of hazardous waste and preparing regular reports in this area.
· To monitor of proper sorting and classification of waste.
· To monitor and improve cleaning services on site
· To report risks and problems related to waste disposal.
· To manage hazardous waste disposal and recycling
· At least 5 years’ in-depth Cleaning/Janitorial Services.
· Experience in Soft Services; cleaning, pest control, housekeeping and waste management.
· Experience in mentoring and developing cleaning supervisors.
· Experience of third-party management.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English.
· Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
· Experience of multi-contractor management
· Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
· Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
· Experience in international environment
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.