Job description / Role
The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will have a significant impact on customer experience. The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will have the ability to lead other technicians, design solutions for challenging problems, manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet tough time lines. The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will develop plans on how to accomplish engineering departmental goals.
The Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance will be responsible for the leadership/development and coaching of the team. Performance Management will be carried out by the Facilities Supervisor – Maintenance. This role also leads the technical team in providing both a reactive and pro-active maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the Fulfillment Centre (FC). The role has a direct impact on the site, its productivity and operational success. If equipment is not available or performs badly it minimizes the capacity and throughput of the site.
· Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 5 years’ experience.
· Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems and mechanical components
· Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
· Understanding of OEE and equipment performance metrics.
· Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
· Experience in mentoring and developing junior technicians.
· Experience of contractor management.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English.
· Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
· Experience of multi-contractor management
· Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
· Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
· Experience with packaging machines or conveyor systems
· Experience in international environment
· Knowledge in OEE and EAM tools
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.