Job description / Role
Inspiring and engaging. As a Fairmont Gold Manager, you will show your leadership and interpersonal strengths to maximize Rooms Operations and ensure an exceptional guest journey on our exceptional Gold Floor.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the Fairmont Gold team to excellent results on targeted KPI's including Fairmont Gold Revenue, ADR, Labor management, EES, Voice of Guest, and LQA
- Ensure all Fairmont Gold standards and operating procedures are adhered to
- Ensure the highest possible revenues are generated for Fairmont Gold with a minimum of associated expenses. Work with the Sales & Front Office teams to ensure strategies are in place to maximize revenue opportunities
- Work with the Executive Chef to determine the Fairmont Gold Lounge menu, food cost, ordering and presentation
- Embark on a cooperative inter-departmental relationship with Housekeeping, Engineering, In Room Dining and all other departments to ensure a leading-edge product and luxury service experience
- Identify and develop existing policies and procedures to improve the guest experience
- Staying current on industry/competitive trends, analyze data and provide input on ways to increase efficiencies and revenue
- Responsible for forecasting, scheduling, payroll, purchasing and recruiting, creating annual budgets, month end commentary and monthly tracking of revenue for Fairmont Gold
- Owning Fairmont Gold guest concerns, reacting quickly, logging and communicating to key stake holders, and following up and bringing to full resolution
- Liaise with Front Office team to ensure smooth arrival/departure of Fairmont Gold guests
- Coordinate with Front Office to maximize incremental revenue program and accurate Fairmont Gold inventory management
- Provide anticipatory service for guests via personalized pre-arrival emails and assist with reservations
- Arrange standard and requested amenities and inspect rooms prior to arrival to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensure that the Fairmont Gold lounge, operating equipment, and Rooms are always in perfect condition by having all the defects fixed by the engineering team
- Develop and maintain contacts with business partners, concessionaires, and counterparts of Fairmont Gold throughout Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Consistently implement creative & innovative ideas to enhance Fairmont Gold guest experience by arranging for special events such as: beverage tasting sessions, cheese tastings, drink of the month, and promote specialty dishes from F&B outlets
- Merchandize and arrange the Fairmont Gold offering including the Boardroom, FVA dining experience, The Spa at The Fairmont, guest transportation and the support services within the Vancouver International Airport
- Responsible for the pristine cleanliness after all meal periods and throughout the day
- Follow all ALLSAFE, Work safe BC and Accor Health and Safety policies
- Actively participate and promote environmental programs and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Assist in supervising other areas of the Front Office as needed.
Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure, able to perform multiple functions.
- Proactive, innovative, and service driven with a demonstrated eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in Rooms, including a solid working knowledge of Front Office operating systems.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience an asset.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management or a university degree, a strong asset.
Your team and working environment:
- Working a fast-paced team environment
- Shifts will be during the day, evening, and weekend
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are, and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities. By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.