Job description / Role
Fashion Business Development Manager for Saudi Arabia
Job Family: Retail & Wholesale
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
Our Business Development is responsible for developing the current portfolio of brands present in Saudi Arabia, as well as scouting for new brands to acquire whenever a gap in the market is identified. In this newly created role, you will be entrusted and empowered to transform our portfolio of Fashion of brands in Saudi Arabia in our journey to " becoming the leading luxury player in KSA by shaping the beauty and fashion market, serving all aspirational consumers".
You will work closely with the Fashion Vertical President, his direct reports & business leaders, and cross functionally with other leaders across the organization. To be successful, you should have the skills and experience to navigate around the different complexities and nuances of our various business segments. You will be a key member of the KSA transformation team we have put in place in 2020.
• Develop and constantly update a domain brand panorama for brands held by the Group in Saudi Arabia, their major competitors and newcomers (above or below specialized press awareness)
• Brand equity/value (yearly list) describing claim, image, perception, fashion content, added value
• Brand assessment through pre-defined templates such as performance, share of mix, category share of mix
• Brand Portfolio Gap analysis, describing recommendations based on gaps detected on brand assessment sessions, in terms of style, category content, price point, differentiations
• Maintain and update a clear overview of the brands distribution worldwide, in alignment with the Group's strategy in the Middle East, particularly in Saudi Arabia.
Brand Analysis and Development:
• Review and challenge all team recommendations
• Review gap analysis and opportunities reports at Group and Business Unit level
• Follow-up on targeted brands shortlist and review recent performances
• Build a business case to support first contacts with brand owners
• Elaborate business plans for optimal negotiations (in coordination with Mergers & Acquisitions and Legal)
• Setup the methodology for market trends analysis and the tools to be used
• Champion team visits to showrooms, fairs, visits to suppliers and review regular flash reports
Presentation and Negotiations (external and internal):
• Deliver the presentations regarding the Group and its business units to potential suppliers
• Negotiate with suppliers at Group and Business Unit level
What you need to succeed in this role:
• A passion for Fashion
• Strong knowledge of Fashion brands (global and local)
• Previous experience of working in a similar field; with strong knowledge of retail in the region
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Relentless negotiator and conscience of costs; budgeting experience
• Experience leveraging data insights
• University Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
• 10 years + of relevant experience in the Fashion industry
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
Job Segment: Business Development, Sales, Fashion
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.