Job description / Role
Providing technical support to customers, sales engineers, in-house representatives and market specialists is what an Applications Specialist does best! Your role as a Field application engineer will combine technical expertise with knowledge of sales techniques to improve sales service and set new organizational objectives. Day-to-day tasks performed include maintaining relationships with our clients and representatives.
- Provide pre and post sales technical support for the complete product and solutions industrial communications portfolio.
- Identify and gather customer requirements, develop and propose system designs (high and low level as required), aiming to assist the customer with a highly reliable system and lower cost possible, yet ensuring maximum sales for the company.
- Provide technical product presentation for functionality as well as conduct customer workshops and training as and when required.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for the company's products and solutions.
- Assist the Sales team as and when needed with Bid/Tender documents and proposals, from early stage design, budget phase, proposal and also negotiation and clarifications.
- Participate in network planning with customers to provide guidance on applications, usage, integration and best practices
- On Site work as and when required by the company, to assist customers with commissioning, network optimization, troubleshooting, upgrading firmware, replacing defective devices, and other similar tasks.
- Use telephone and remote isolation, diagnostic and resolution tools, documents and capabilities to resolve complex integrated end user implementation, configuration, and operational issues in a timely manner.
- Solutions will often include 3rd party products/solutions and onsite support.
- Active contribution with Marketing and Sales teams to produce new and high quality Case Studies, Applications Notes, White Papers, News Letters and other collateral material.
- Manage RMA process (reception, processing, return of faulty and repaired/replaced products, as and when needed).
- Candidate should posses an Engineering / Computer Science Graduate degree majoring in Networking.
- Having Strong technical background in telecommunications with an emphasis on Ethernet, IP routing and associated protocols, cyber security and Broadband Wireless Technologies (WIFI, WiMAX, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of PC operating systems i.e. Windows and Linux
- Several years experience providing technical and sales support for Ethernet and TCP-IP networks (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Experience in diverse automation markets such as Power Utilities, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Mining, others.
- Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE are highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills, be able to multi-task on various projects, be highly self-motivated, a self-starter.
- Familiar with trouble-shooting and problem solving techniques and methods
- Basic Project Management organizational skills
- Superb Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English is essential with excellent presentation skills.
- Excel at time self-management and self-organisation/planning/execution.
- Enjoy dealing with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both within the company and with customers and partners.
- Caring for colleagues and assisting them to succeed with their own individual and team Objectives
- Travel throughout the KSA & GCC region will be required, usually 50% of time in this role, although this might be lower or higher as deemed necessary by the management.
- Observe and adhere at all times the Company's Policies, Guidelines and procedures.
About the Company
Easy World Group Companies (eWorld) is a leading Value Added distributor and solution provider of data communication, Industrial automation and Telecommunication products in Middle East region.
Established in 2002, eWorld is a specialized distributor of leading edge mission critical, enterprise data, voice, security, and industrial networking as well as telecommunications products and solutions across the Middle East. We offer industry leading Networking and automation products backed up by our professional and experienced team to our valuable customers.
eWorld has a proven track record in providing end to end solutions for our diverse customer base and support our clients with a range of core competencies and value added services to ensure that our customers are returned best value for their investment and obtain products that meet their requirements perfectly.
Field Engineer III - Wireline
Senior Energy Engineer
Big Fish Recruitment
RTC-1 Employment Services
Principal Resident Engineer (Scada and I&C)
|Abu Dhabi||17 Mar|
Al Asala for Education and Training