Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking for a Field Development Geologist to join Gas Reservoir Characterization Department
Gas Reservoir Characterization Department aims to Characterize and assess gas resources of developed fields at the highest definition required through building and maintaining always-ready integrated earth models to assess and update all in-place gas resources, support the optimization of gas field development and ensure excellence in well placement.
Experienced development geologists having fair background of field development activities both in deep seated clastic reservoir and carbonate reservoirs. Advance reservoir characterization by utilizing all available Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical, and other dynamic information to identify optimum subsurface target/s for all type of wells such as vertical, S-shape, J-shape, Single lateral and multi-lateral wells.
Candidate should have fair knowledge and experiences in drilling operations, fluid dynamics, bore hole logging tools and their application toward advance Petrophysical evaluation. Ability to work independently by integrating all information and take real time decision in order to optimum well placement and geosteer the lateral wells for maximum reservoir contact.
- Integrated Subsurface evaluation by utilizing all the available G&G data, 3D Geocelluer model, fracture model to identify optimum subsurface target based on the business requirement for all type wells including single lateral and multi-lateral wells
- Geosteering or Biosteering experiences would be preferred
- Experience of Under Balanced Coiled Tubing drilling for multi-lateral wells would be preferred particularly well planning and steering multi-laterals
- Basic understanding of Reservoir Engineering information and Petrophysical evaluation
- Ready to undertake complex assignments independently with minimal direction from supervisor
- Utilize 3D geological static models and update as and when require is preferable
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure the project is on track the deliverables are accurate and reliable
- Conduct innovative research in reservoir characterization both Carbonate and clastic
- Maintain key relationships with industry and academic institutions in order to update technical skills in his specialty area
- Represent the company on appropriate company-sponsored consortia
- Provide training to junior staff as well as to other specialists, both on one-to-one and occasionally
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- - Holds a bachelor degree or higher in geology
- Fifteen years of experience in Field development activities or role of development geologist
- Ability to integrate all available Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical, Sedimentological, and 3D geocelluler model and other dynamic information for advance reservoir characterization studies to in-depth understanding for reservoir architecture and flow behaviour
- Ability to integrate all characterization studies to identify suitable locations for drilling
- Extensive experience in subsurface mapping and be familiar of utilization of various geological applications and packages (such as DSG, Petrel, Petrosys, Geolog, Teclog etc.)
- Previous experience in reservoir geology, drilling operations, field development, sedimentology/stratigraphy or structural geology is preferred
- Ability to take critical decisions in real-time and solve problems
- Ability to work in multidiscipline teams
- English language fluency with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.