Job description / Role
Be a part of our Engineering company based in Jubail KSA, providing an expert engineering service to the local industry.
IGS started in 2011 and has successfully operated in engineering consultancy and services provision in the Middle East. The role of the field service engineer is to lead a team carrying out field maintenance services on power transformers. You must interface with our client, arrange plant outage, takeout permit to work, supervise artisans and labourers, and operate independently executing all tpes of transformer field service work.
Your responsibilities will include:
Planning preparation and Arrangement
• Receive outage time from Client and plan the activities jointly with client
• Clarify details of the work and define client detailed user requirements
• Draw up scope of work, equipment and materials need.
• Ensure that all materials, tools and equipment is available
• Get all staff and material access permits are in place
• Complete risk assessments and submit to client
• Prepare quality plan and hand to client
• Manage mobilisation to site and maintain site office
• Supervise and control team on site
• Work with client to ensure safe isolation of plant.
• Electrical testing of transformers
• Testing and service of transformer instruments
• Trip testing and alarm function testing
• Oil draining, filling and top-up.
• Operation of oil processing and filtration machines
• Repair all types of oil leaks, gasket replacements and other maintenance
• Final inspection and-over of transformer to client
• Inspection or general condition of transformer.
• Taking of oil samples.
• Record keeping of activities
Close-out work and report
• Demobilise of team and equipment.
• Interface with client on job satisfaction
• Obtain client closeout signatures.
• Report writing.
• Invoice submission and follow-up.
• Engineering degree.
• Minimum 8 years of solid experience in transformer field services and testing.
• Proficiency on Microsoft Office package i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other web-based applications and software.
• Good communication skills. Native in English, Arabic read/write is beneficial•
• Excellent research, problem-solving, numeracy and quantitative analytical skills.
• Transferable Iqama preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills who is able to collaborate and delegate..
Rewards and recognition
With IGS, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Salary package that includes basic salary.
• Medical cover.
• Accommodation allowance.
• Other benefits as per the Saudi Labour Law.
About the Company
Owners of critical transformers on their plant or network can benefit significantly from predictive analysis on transformer health and integrity analysis. Cost savings are gained and reliability improved by implementing true condition maintenance, forward planning, and effective life extension programmes.
Diagnostic Solutions by Expert Engineers Our esteemed transformer health and integrity diagnostic and analytical services empowers you to understand the health and integrity of your transformer fleet. We also provide transformer life extension solutions improving overall operating costs and reliability of the transformers.