Job description / Role
The Safety Engineer is a member of the Safety Team professional staff. Reports directly to the Safety Manager to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with client representatives, End Users and other Department’s staff, and with Senior Management. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site engineers and Management staff. Provides direct supervision for the Resident Construction Safety Engineers, Safe Engineers and Safety Coordinator. Deputizes for the Safety Manager in his absence.
Major Activities Performed:
• Provides initial safety indoctrination and safety technical guidance to the contractor’s safety managers/engineers, evaluates working conditions and recommends improvements in safety practices and procedures.
• Schedules site inspections/visits with the contractor’s safety managers/engineers.
• Documents violations to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
• Sees and recognizes on site safety hazards.
• Makes systematic inspections, audits and determines requirements for safety.
• Develops and implement a safety program to prevent or correct unsafe site conditions.
• Develops random safety sampling techniques and identifies construction safety violations and suggests corrective actions.
• Investigates incidents, unsafe conditions and unsafe acts.
• Record injuries, fatalities and incidence rates.
• Monitors safety compliance, validation and verification processes. Develop and review systems, tools and procedures.
• Ensures project compliance with ISO 45001, PSHEP and Project specific Standards & procedures.
• Develop and maintain Risk registers.
• Coordinates/Communicates with contractors, SRCM’s / RCE’s to rectify / resolve safety issues.
• Provides safety training and coaching to other engineers.
• Supervises and provides direction to a multinational team of safety professionals.
• Produce and verify monthly HSE reports.
• Lead Incident Investigations and RCA teams.
• Identifies applicable safety standards according to Saudi Arabian Labor law.
• Provide HSE Management cover in mangers absence.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably construction or safety) from recognized western university with minimum of ten (8) years post-graduate professional experience.
• NEBOSH/Level 3 HSE Qualification for non-cognate degree holders
• Possess computer literacy and capable to operate current computer safety programs.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to develop and conduct safety training programs.
• Must have ability to perform with minimum supervision and work cooperatively with Construction Department staff and contractor personnel.
• Experienced and knowledgeable construction methodology.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
HSE Manager - Site Based
Swisslinx Middle East
Ignite Search & Selection
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||5 Mar|
Solar Project - HSE Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited