Job description / Role
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer's equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated HCD systems
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instructions
- Ordering and managing repair/upgrades cycle times
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining service cloud updates and internal service records in a timely manner
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or other applicable regulatory requirements
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Participating in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area
- May include training of clinical/technical staff on designated applications
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in healthcare technology or combination of equivalent related experience and education
- Education to Bachelor Degree level or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of project management
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Highly developed business acumen
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets
- Strong knowledge of GEHC and exceptional knowledge of products and services offered within the modality
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization
- Act as inspirational leader with optimism, highly approachable and humble
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining a forward-thinking and customer-first attitude
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.