Job description / Role
At Smiths Detection In Jeddah, we are looking for a Field Service engineer.
As a level two Field Service Engineer, this individual must be team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist his peers. Demonstrates strong electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge. Eagerness to work on special projects, some of high visibility, and/or in direct support of applicable project lead, as assigned. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to resolve, both independently and with the aid of others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on the company’s Trace and X-Ray technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Sunday-Thursday may be required.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Saudi National
- Associate degree or Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical or IT). Equivalence achieved through - comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>3 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
About the Company
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.