Job description / Role
The financial analyst will have responsibility to complement and support the group FP&A team in managing and discharging the responsibilities.
The financial analyst will assist the group FP&A team in streamlining the monthly management reporting for AZAQ subsidiaries are the HO and prepare the abridged financials including commentary for associates. Furthermore , the financial analyst will update the group finance manuals , prepare and update the historical financial dashboard and other tasks .
The position will also need to maintain thorough documentation of all reporting aspects and function in a structured manner in close liaison with other departments at AZAQ HO and finance teams in AZAQ branches , subsidiaries and associates.
• Bachelors in Accounting / Finance is mandatory
• Master's in Business Administration ( Finance ) is mandatory
• Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CA , CMA, CPA, CFA is desirable
Skills and knowledge:
• Financial Planning & Analysis and modeling skills
• Advanced spread sheet skills ( Microsoft Excel)
• Planning and organization skills
• Networking / Man-management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Appreciation of handling sensitive information
• Commitment to strict confidentiality
• Strong report writing skills
• Understanding of IFRS / SOCPA / Local GAAP
• Strong proficiency in English and Arabic ( Spoken/ Writing / Listening / Reading /)
• At least 1 Year of post-education experience ideally within corporate finance / financial planning and analysis related experience in a well-established MNC/ established regional group / Big Four Auditing firm.
About the Company
Ali Zaid Al-Quraishi & Brothers Co Ltd. (AZAQ) was founded in 1958 as a family owned diversified company. Today, with more than 4,500 employees on its payroll, prolific market activities all over the Kingdom, and long established associations with a several world-class brands and international corporations, AZAQ is a leading business group in the region.
The Group today is firmly based in the marketing and distribution field, representing top brand names in leisure goods, household products, watches, office furniture, telecommunications, electronics, electrical equipment and motor vehicles. It is also involved in manufacturing of electrical products and transformers and switchgears.